• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Now, I never had the pleasure of playing this version of the game, but I would've been a reason for me to just buy a GameCube. Metal Gear is one of my favorite series and Nintendo did good by releasing this game.

P

pasteycracker

Hrm. that's a tough call there.

I have a gamecube, big MGS fan, so naturally I got the game.
Overall the game is fantastic. My only problems with Twin Snakes...

-There were moments when I felt like I was watching The Matrix.
-I know Snake is badass, but they made him seem inhuman.
-There are added features to make the game quicker (ie. you don't have to go back to the armory to get the sniper rifle when Meryl gets sniped... there's a PSG-T nearby... I won't spoil the location..., the PAL card in the end is easier to make hot and cold, etc.)
-Meryl is still retarded.
-THEY REDID THE VOICES (MEI LING SOUNDS AMERICAN WTF! GIMME SEXY CHINESE ACCENT! LOL!)

That's about all I could come up with... again, these are just slight irritations that piss me off. Other than that the game is freaking amazing. The implementations of features from MGS2 makes this game a bit more interesting.

Is Twin Snakes worth buying a Gamecube for? Hrm. Maybe not JUST for Twin Snakes. But it's worth it if you want to play some of the other great Gamecube only games (Metriod Prime 1, Metriod Prime 2, Eternal Darkness, Animal Crossing, FF: Crystal Cronicles, etc.) then I would say go for it. :]