• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes & Lightning Returns: FF XIII announced

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Okay. I know that some of you guys aren't hardcore gamers, but this weekend is wrapping up, which means that PAX Prime out in Seattle is wrapping up. This convention is often called the more accessible little brother of E3, with a younger, less businessmen-crazy atmosphere. This convention is for the gamers, not the industry.

Also, I'm only covering a few of the big (and I mean BIG announcements) made regarding new games.

There were only two huge announcements. These are franchise games. One that begins a new era of a franchise, and another one that ends an impressive arc.

First up is METAL GEAR SOLID: GROUND ZEROES
PAX: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Extended Cut FULL Demo - IGN

Hideo has said that this game is the "prequel" to Metal Gear Solid 5, and is "definitely a current-gen console release."

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Gameplay Demo (1080p) - YouTube

With the above video, I recommend you watch it in full-screen and in 1080p. This is in-game footage, and gives me hope that Metal Gear Solid is not dead, and that the future is bright for the franchise that I've been a part of for 10 years of my life.

Second is LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII

I don't have much to say, since I haven't been a big fan fan of the FFXIII series, but some people might be really happy to see Lightning's saga end on a good note.

PAX: Lightning Returns -- Final Fantasy XIII Announced - IGN

So. Thoughts?

Ziggy

Sup?
I don't like making sequels of the Final Fantasy games.

The awesome thing about the series is that it is always a new cast of characters and a new world. I still haven't played FFXIII-2 yet but I'm hoping to get through it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I haven't played FFXIII-2 yet, either, but I've heard it's much better than FFXIII.

Apparently Lightning Returns: FFXIII will go in a more active combat direction with turn-based elements. Shifting things up, I guess.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I want Ground Zeroes so bloody much. An actual open world MGS? Dammit, Kojima, you're trying to fully realise what Snake Eater could have been, aren't you!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I've heard that Ground Zeroes is being targeted for a fall 2013 release. I could be wrong, but I've heard that it may be Q4 2013 release as well. It's hard to tell because my sources are all over the place right now with regards to it. :/