• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sony Metal Gear Acid II

A

Amethyst_Shinobi_0

I was at Gamecrazy last week (its a store) and I was looking for Naruto : Clash of Ninjas and Metal Gear Acid II. Well, I was looking around but I couldn't find it at all. So I ask the guy at the counter but they didn't have it right. All of a sudden this guy comes from the back room saying that the Metal Gear series was ruined by ACID!!! I was like "WTF, what is this guy talking about". The reason that the guy didn't like it was that the story suck he said and the why the game is played. o_O. I couldn't believe that someone thinks that game is a total waste but hey whatever right. I just had to point out that I don't think thats right at all cause the game is REALLY good. Much better than the first at most, but I'm more interseted in what you guys say soo post what ya say.

B

barfootboards

well ... i wanted to get it, then i heard its played with cards or something??? then i was hesitant, i do hear good things though

A

Amethyst_Shinobi_0

I was the same at first when I got my PSP but I'm not disappointed in it AT all. It has to be one of the best manage games I have ever seen and the thing is its not even directed by Hideo Kojima. I thought that was suprising also.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I have to say - I thought MGA was going to suck harder than a prostitute when I first heard of it. Then I actualy played it at a friends. Now I want the game and a PSP (not gonna happen anytime soon). From what I've played though, I don't think it's better than MGS.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
Meh, I own it, played it, thought the gameplay sucks but the storyline could be good. I just didn't like the viewing management alot. Controlling it is hard and sometimes you can't get it the way you want.

The storyline and cardplay is awesome though. You actually have to think about what you are going to do like 3 steps ahead of time. Talk about "virtuous mission" xD

The game is hard and is good, but camera views make me not want to play it.

K

Killratio

I LOVE both MGA games. The only other metal gear games ive ever played were Metal Gear Solid for Gameboy Color and then the Playstation one a little bit. I'm honestly enjoying MGA 2 (I just got a copy of it) and turn based type games are my thing and I love it dispite having barely any experience with other MG games. The card system isn't too bad either. Its all a matter of choosing your moves correctly to be most efficient at sneaking past, destroying or somehow passing a mission. My only complaint is the solid eye being rather cheaply made, but I didnt expect much. It would have been nice if it was a pair of goggles or something, a spiffy VR device that works VIA a USB interface and you then only use the PSP as a controller. xD

Has anyone played the trial mission (its an extra one) for the one level near the beginning where it says you must take the enemy out with a string of claymore mines? WTF... how do you kill that guy? I hit him with one mine and he faints and its over... I am not sure what they mean by a string of mines if one mine ends the mission. >_>;\
On top of that theres a mission where you are supposed to simply tranquilize a guy to pass it, yet when you do it you fail...

A

Amethyst_Shinobi_0

Thats sounds like a pain and annoying at the sametime.