Merriman assaults Tila Tequila

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: Rotoworld.com...

So he gets busted for steroids, he misses last season with an injury and now this?

What an idiot.

According to ABC Local in Los Angeles, Shawne Merriman was arrested early Saturday and charged with suspicion of assault.

Merriman allegedly "choked and restrained" MTV reality show personality Tila Nguyen -- better known as Tila Tequila -- as she was trying to leave the scene. Merriman was arrested on the premises, while Nguyen was taken to a local hospital. Nguyen's citizen arrest report also accuses Merriman of false imprisonment and battery. Merriman was suspended in 2006 for violating the league's steroids policy, but this is his first arrest as an NFL player

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read that a few minutes ago, this guy can never stay out of trouble it seems, he's always in the news for something and its usually not good. The guys definite has a temper problem. He's a good player but he's also a headache to have.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I wanted Merriman so bad in that draft even though I liked Demarcus Ware. I just thought Merriman would have been a better pick. Now I'm glad we didn't get this idiot and got Ware instead.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I remember that CO, I'm the one who wanted Merriman as well, he seemed like he would be a better fit. But I'm sure glad they went with Demarcus Ware, he's a monster and one if not the best defensive player in the league.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I think y'all should let the justice system take run its course on this one. Check the details, no marks or physical injuries were found. The only reason why they arrested him was because she filed a "citizens arrest" and the cops had to arrest him by law. She was reportedly drunk, and her character is questionable at best. This has hesaid/shesaid all over it. Can't blame you for saying he is stupid for hanging out with her in the first place though.