• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Merit pay for teachers?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Merit pay for teachers has is pros and cons, do you believe teachers should get Merit Pay?

Thoughts and explanations?

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
It might cause teachers to try harder, but it's also going to cause them to cheat harder, and teach to tests, and teach how to game tests. Assuming test scores are used to gauge their performance, and I don't know what else would be. Plus, it seems like test scores would vary depending on dumb luck, i.e. what students they end up with; so I don't really see how you gauge merit when it comes to teaching, in any practical manner.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with EI, it is very hard to gauge. Of course they already teach to tests in Texas and some have figured how to cheat to get certain results in standarized tests but I think it would be worse.