Merged posts? moved thread? am i paranoid???

Saffy

Registered Member
HI i hope im asking in the right place here:stare:
I created a new thread called how was your day. I put it in lifestyle- everyday life, as its about everyday life. The thread was for me to say what kind of a day i had,, and for anyone else to go on and share their days good or bad. I thought that would fit in with everyday life, but it seems to have been moved the whorecraft- fun and games?? Its not a game in any way so i just wondered why, :confused: I have only been here a few days and im being called a whore already:shocked::shocked::lol:

I am trying to get my posts up so that i can use more of the facilities here,, and one of the rules here is that you need a certain amount of posts to gain access to certain areas. The thing is,, i feel like im being obstructed if you will... im trying to post proper valid posts and not just silly ones all over the place, and yet my posts answering people all get merged and now my thread has been moved to an area where posts dont count?

Please put me put my misery and show me what a silly billy i am for being paranoid... omg i just clicked on mkore smilies and it said service unavailable:lol::lol::lol:

HI i hope im asking in the right place here:stare:
I created a new thread called how was your day. I put it in lifestyle- everyday life, as its about everyday life. The thread was for me to say what kind of a day i had,, and for anyone else to go on and share their days good or bad. I thought that would fit in with everyday life, but it seems to have been moved the whorecraft- fun and games?? Its not a game in any way so i just wondered why, :confused: I have only been here a few days and im being called a whore already:shocked::shocked::lol:

I am trying to get my posts up so that i can use more of the facilities here,, and one of the rules here is that you need a certain amount of posts to gain access to certain areas. The thing is,, i feel like im being obstructed if you will... im trying to post proper valid posts and not just silly ones all over the place, and yet my posts answering people all get merged and now my thread has been moved to an area where posts dont count?

Please put me put my misery and show me what a silly billy i am for being paranoid... omg i just clicked on mkore smilies and it said service unavailable:lol::lol::lol:
LOL. Yes, you're being paranoid :comfort:

I moved your thread to subtalk. Which btw, is called a lot of different things, members get to change the name if they donate to the site, so it doesn't mean you're a whore if your thread gets moved to subtalk :lol::lol:
Anyway, the reason I moved it there is because if you go to the fun and games section, you'll see lots more threads like yours. eg, what did you eat today, plans for the weekend, what exercise did you do today, and so on. These types of threads are best for areas where posts don't count so people don't just keep posting there to increase their postcount. I know not nearly everyone does that but it gets difficult to manage threads when it happens and becomes very spammy. You just got unlucky with your topic, that's all. :)

As for the post merging, that's just automerge and it happens to every member on the site. The reason it wasn't happening to you at first is because new members don't get automerged (to cut a long explanation short it's an anti-spam measure).

Lots of our rules like this revolve around making it difficult for spammers. As a result, you'll find an extremely low amount of spam on this site compared to others, which is one of my favourite things about it. :D The downside is it takes a while for new members to adjust to the rules. So, if you have any problems then feel free to PM me or any other member of staff. As for any other general questions just post them here.

Saffy

Registered Member
Oh thanks for your reply:D,,
I thought the whole point was to increase your postcount:lol: get 50 posts and get a prize,, get 500 posts and become the queen! :lol: it was like a hypnotic suggestion to me ,, when normally i dont care at all about how many posts i have and have never understood people who do:shifteyes:

well i spose i will get used to it, its so wicked though innit,,, you need more posts,,, but we wil make it as difficult as we can for you to get them:urp:sneaky:lol:
I didnt dare pm you as i saw a thread saying not to..:nod::lol:this is the weridest forum i have been on ,,, but im still sticking around at least for a while longer yet;)

Oh thanks for your reply:D,,
I thought the whole point was to increase your postcount:lol: get 50 posts and get a prize,, get 500 posts and become the queen! :lol: it was like a hypnotic suggestion to me ,, when normally i dont care at all about how many posts i have and have never understood people who do:shifteyes:

well i spose i will get used to it, its so wicked though innit,,, you need more posts,,, but we wil make it as difficult as we can for you to get them:urp:sneaky:lol:
I didnt dare pm you as i saw a thread saying not to..:nod::lol:this is the weridest forum i have been on ,,, but im still sticking around at least for a while longer yet;)
Nope that's not the point at all :) Once you get past 50 there's no more privileges until you become a premium member at 500. And even that's much more of a 'thanks for sticking around, have a reward' than a 'post post post post!'

Where does it say not to PM us? The only person you shouldn't PM unless you really really need to is Hybrix because his inbox gets flooded otherwise with stuff that we can just as easily answer. All the other mods receive PMs from members with questions etc and are perfectly happy to reply and help you out. If it says anywhere on the site that you shouldn't PM us then it's veery outdated and should be changed.

Ooh yeah, I remember now. That's just a suggestion so you get a quicker response from the members here who can help you out if you make a thread. The PMs are no bother at all, though. So whichever you want.

No problem!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
If you come from a spammy forum, then it does take some getting used to. The only infraction I got on here was from a spammy post in a regular thread. lol

While you don't have as much freedom to say whatever, it does prevent your serious question threads from degrading to "lol that is awesome" or something else lame that doesn't apply to the subject.

It has become a little more lax than when I first joined, so it's not quite as strict as it used to be. All in all though, I think it makes it better.

Saffy

Registered Member
Ooh yeah, I remember now. That's just a suggestion so you get a quicker response from the members here who can help you out if you make a thread. The PMs are no bother at all, though. So whichever you want.

No problem!
ok thanks:)
If you come from a spammy forum, then it does take some getting used to. The only infraction I got on here was from a spammy post in a regular thread. lol

While you don't have as much freedom to say whatever, it does prevent your serious question threads from degrading to "lol that is awesome" or something else lame that doesn't apply to the subject.

It has become a little more lax than when I first joined, so it's not quite as strict as it used to be. All in all though, I think it makes it better.
ahh right,, so how did you do a spammy post? i think of spam as those that join specifically to advertise their own company or forum ,, anyway some sort of unauthorised advertising. personally i dont mind my threads going a bit off,,, i would politely ask for it to go back on topic if it did bother me though,,, and i can understand someone getting annoyed if their serious thread was spoilt in that way. i have had it happen to me in the past:nod:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
ok thanks:)

ahh right,, so how did you do a spammy post? i think of spam as those that join specifically to advertise their own company or forum ,, anyway some sort of unauthorised advertising. personally i dont mind my threads going a bit off,,, i would politely ask for it to go back on topic if it did bother me though,,, and i can understand someone getting annoyed if their serious thread was spoilt in that way. i have had it happen to me in the past:nod:

If I'm not mistaken...I commented on the color of a graph, and said that I liked _____ one so much better because it's pretty.

It would have been allowed now, since technically I was talking about an alternate graph for the OP.

It was kind of a lame infraction, IMO. :p
Unless I'm remembering it incorrectly.

On the other forum that I was on, every thread would turn into a huge orgy, and it was a bit annoying at times. I've stayed here, because that definitely won't happen. So I do think ultimately it's a good thing.

I do think that the subtalk posts should count, though.

yeah spam technically is advertising, but also spammy posts means it's just pointless.

I got a couple pointless post warnings too for lame things back when I was a noooooob.