• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Menstrual cups

Starfire86

Registered Member
I'm thinking about buying a Diva cup, has anyone here tried one (or any menstrual cup)? For those of you that don't know, a menstrual cup is an alternative to a pad or tampon. It's a silicon cup that is inserted much like a tampon to catch menstruum, but you only have to change them 2-3 times a day. I'm kind of tentative of buying a Diva cup though because they cost $20 and I don't really want to spend that much on something that might not work/fit me properly.

StormyClouds

Registered Member
I used one once, didnt really get on with it though, was paranoid that it would leak etc. I guess they are not for everyone and your best bet is to buy one and try it, you may get on with it :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't really understand how people use tampons, these cups and/or any other object that goes inside the vagina. The idea sounds uncomfortable, painful and unbearable ...maybe because I've never tried any of these and I don't think I ever will. lol.
There's nothing wrong it's just that it doesn't sound like they are convenient.
I don't think it'll be easy because changing the cups 2-3 times a day might get your nerves on. While with a pad you can go much longer.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't really understand how people use tampons, these cups and/or any other object that goes inside the vagina. The idea sounds uncomfortable, painful and unbearable ...maybe because I've never tried any of these and I don't think I ever will. lol.
There's nothing wrong it's just that it doesn't sound like they are convenient.
I don't think it'll be easy because changing the cups 2-3 times a day might get your nerves on. While with a pad you can go much longer.
:lol: You're so cute Elly. Before I used tampons I had the same feeling. How could people even think of that?! Maybe you should try it after you're no longer a virgin, so inserting something inside wouldn't automatically feel like it has to be uncomfy, painful and unbearable. :hah: But seriously, after I've tried tampons, going back to pads is the one that makes me feel uncomfy and unbearable and I wonder how I ever survived the past years with just having that and not knowing it can be so much better during period.

@OP I haven't tried the cup and I don't know how is it any better than tampon. I also found this thread later than the ST one, where I posted a link to a similar discussion about this years ago. I don't know if some of the replies there would be helpful to you. http://www.generalforum.com/estonia/women-only-trust-me-44353.html

imnotcreative

Registered Member
I bought a diva cup about a year ago and now I dont know how I ever managed without. There are no leaks. There is never a smell. It doesn't irritate your vagina like tampons sometimes can. You only have to mess with it half as often as you do tampons. Seriously...I say get one and try it. The disposable cups are not the same and I've never had luck with them. I know the diva is pretty expensive comparatively, but once you get one you won't need tampons for years.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask or even pm me.

Nicola

Registered Member
I did buy one of these a while ago. My brand was Mooncup, but they're all the same I think.
Anyway I thought I was doing a good thing for the environment as well as for my pocket, but I have never been able to use it properly. The first couple of times went okay, but now I have no chance. For me, the silicon is much too 'springy' - you are meant to fold it, insert, and it will spring open once inside. For me it opens before it's where it should be (sorry for the detail!).
I'd love for it to work and maybe some day I will be able to work it, but I don't know if anyone can tell you if it's good or not. For what it's worth, it's definitely a great product if you are able to get past the stage of insertion.

Starfire86

Registered Member
You might need a different size.

stripes

Registered Member
I use the Mooncup. Have for quite a few years now, and love the thing. It's easy to use, convenient, and cheap.

In my teenage years, I used pads. I could never get on with tampons. Pads felt uncomfortable, they were expensive, and I had to ensure I had a constant supply and never forgot to buy any. I was constantly aware of how long it was until my next period, and dreading it every time.

Since I bought a Mooncup, I've not even noticed them.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
ok so this thread is already TMI, so I might as well jump in and trust that the boys are staying away from this thread

I really want to try one of these because things change up in there after you've given birth, so tampons aren't always the best option, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to use it properly since I have such short fingers. A few years ago - 6.5 to be exact - I got a diaphragm and had a really hard time getting it all the way in where it needed to be since my fingers are so short (which is the main reason I'm a mom now :shifteyes:) so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get a cup in all the way. But I'd love to try it since tampons and pads are such a pita.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StroShow Hockey 1
Smelnick Bathroom Wall 21
kayteee General Discussion 1
AnitaKnapp Bathroom Wall 3
pro2A Health & Fitness 17