• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Men suck

Gavik

Registered Member
I say this with sincerity: Stop being such a nice guy. You will have your heart stomped on. Every. Time. Become a jerk and you will have more success.
99% of the time, yes. Being a nice guy is basically buying season tickets to the friend zone.

Daemonic

Registered Member
You could always just forget about romantic love and do what I'm doing. I've decided to be selfish and spend all the desire I had for love and all of my love on myself. Forget relationships, I hate the idea of even being involved in one now. The freedom of being able to please myself without worrying about someone is appealing.

ehh, it's easy to say that... still working on the spending that love on myself and loving myself. Anyway, it's easier for me not to worry about relationships, or have one.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
come on guys, isn't dating about finding the right fit? no sense in getting all worked up about it. I also chased the girls that did as hal said. But eventually I learned it wasn't a game to play, but a process of feeling out the prospects to find a good one and having some fun along the way.

you know what they say: nice guys finish last! That can be good in certain situations :lol:

Once you learn what hal noted and stop falling for that and don't do it to others, then you are on the way to finding one partner. (If that is what you want.) Otherwise, just be honest. We ain't married until we're married.

Do you really want to start a manipulative relationship with the girl that could be the one? Wouldn't it be better to start out knowing that you don't want to manipulate or be manipulated and figure out if she is the right fit?

Oh yea, we men are jerks. I accepted long ago that I'm an asshole. totally over that.:lol:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Guys suck. And women are raging cunts. Welcome to the universe. Here's your t-shirt, fanny-pack, and tickets to the end of the world . . . should the gods ever stop laughing at everything we do down here. By the way, is this a serious thread? I seriously thought I was reading a sub-talk thread.

We could talk about and debate gender variations for decades. Truth be told is that gender roles and societal concepts and standards change almost by the day. Obviously not in large increments, but enough that we can notice their changes over years. Using half-thought out stereotypes that wouldn't even be up to par for a rag like Cosmo magazine is no way to start the discussion however.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Sure, there are many guys who are like that (and many women who are like that). I don't think the numbers are quite as bleak as you imply, but whatever...

But there's no rule saying you have to give in to please the masses. There ARE nice men, and there ARE women who appreciate that. Personally, I'd rather be single forever than manipulate someone who's clueless into being involved in a relationship that was doomed before it even started.

To illustrate what I mean: The answer to the question, "Why does the guy who doesn't appear to care as much about the girl get the girl?" is simple: The nice guy cares too much, too soon. He has made the woman too important and too valuable and it shows in everything he says and does. He is too available, too eager to please, too accommodating, and he gives too much -- all without getting anything in return. By doing so, he has made himself appear desperate, insecure, needy of this woman's attention, affection, and approval -- and he has stripped himself of any value in her eyes. After all, if he's already doing and giving everything, without her doing or giving anything - why would she value him? She won't. She is not going to value him any more than he values himself. What she is going to do is look for someone else, someone who she perceives as being more worthy, more confident, and more valuable.
From wikipedia -
Tony Clink offers an explanation for why many women are attracted to the jerk rather than the nice guy:
"It's not because women like jerks. Women prefer polite over rude, and attentive over distracted. The problem is the way nice guys present these positive characteristics. In order to appear friendly and romantic, these 'nice guys' think they have to turn off their sexuality. They hide their desires in order not to offend, presenting an androgynous, asexual persona. The first impression they give is one of emasculation, weakness, and lack of desire. At best, they confuse the woman as to whether they even find her attractive. That's what jerks offer women that nice guys don't: they're not afraid to be sexual."[8][9]
The fact is, the quote isn't always true - in baseball (the original context) or in life.

Andred373

Registered Member
When you try to understand women with the way you are wired then you will blow a fuse. Women battle to understand men just as much as we battle to understand women.
Just accept we are different and operate according to another manual. Relationships are a choice and what you want out of them as well.
And yes it certainly looks like the bad guys win.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Easy way to spot a jerk: he tells you that all men are jerks.

Easy way to spot a girly man: he tells you that all women want jerks.

Easy way to spot a real man: he tries not to be a jerk.

Hissa

Registered Member
I think not all men are jerks...
There are certainly men who respect women..
& I believe not all women accept being involved in a relationship with a jerk..

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
To generally, categorically and emphatically state that “Men suck” is totally absurd. “Some men suck” or even “Most men suck” would have been a more suited or acceptable statement.

For men:

Since some/most men suck………….how do we resolve this issue? Do we deem it an acceptable trait, become self absorbed and wallow in mediocrity?
I say, “No!” Strive to be different; emancipate your mind from the shallow perceptions and selfish ambitions that seek to corrupt, erode or destroy your dignity. Elevate your status from sucker to gentleman; be the best man you can be!

For women:

The fact is, some/most men suck………….what should you do? Should you accept this as the norm and continue to foster a standard by men that is subject to inflict more harm than good?
I say “No!” Educate yourself, learn from mistakes (yours and other people’s) and make smarter choices; set high standards for yourself and follow through.

Sure, some men/most men suck but there is always room for change; change, if willingly sought and embraced with humility.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I want to be the first guy on here to be completely honest about something we all know.

Men suck.

We treat you women like crap, in almost all cases. And you women are stupid (desperate? hopeful? naive?) enough to believe that we will actually be good to you, when 9 times out of 10, we won't.

We won't call. And when we do, we'll be mean to you. Which, strangely enough, will make you want us more.

We'll give you some attention, but only when it's convenient for us to do so.

We'll play mind games and keep you guessing constantly as to where you stand. We'll laugh when we make you cry, and we'll go play our Xboxes while you call your girlfriends and complain about us.

Then, if you're lucky, after you've spent the best years of your life wasted on jerks, you might find a guy that's reached the magical age where he realizes his own mortality and doesn't want to die alone. So he'll express some genuine interest in you and want to actually maintain a healthy relationship.

Good luck.
Wait. I've never had a boyfriend, never been in a relationship...and this post makes me want to avoid relationships, even more??

I don't think so. Everyone is a different character.
True, you hardly find nice guys or girls nowadays, but they do exist. That's what keeps my hopes alive.

Last edited: