Men in uniform

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I decided to start this because of the conversation I had with Anita on AIM yesterday. This is mostly for girls though.

I was just curious why are girls so turned on by men in uniform?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I prefer them out of it to be honest.

I believe it's a power thing. Nothing better than being rescued by a fireman.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm with Bliss, I prefer them out of uniform and it on my bedroom floor ;) But there is defintely something sexy about a man in uniform. (Hence why I asked Xeilo to get on cam in his army uniform :lol:) I dunno what it is...I guess because most uniforms hold a position of power, we feel like we can be taken care of properly by them. I guess it's just a natural instinct :dunno:

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's most likely the image of power but I'd bet there's also a degree of heroism involved. How many little girls grew up with the "prince on a white horse" type of stories? It's a gender thing having to do with the general stories girls and boys are presented to. But that's just a guess of mine.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Uniforms are ok, as long as the man wearing it has more than a loaded weapon going for him. I've really never been that turned on by them.

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm a little bit more picky though. He has to at least be good looking.

I don't know what it is though...but a good looking guy can put on a uniform and he just looks sexier to me. I can't explain it.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I knew I should have stuck to quitting college and becoming a cop several years ago:p

I agree, I just think it's a power thing, and a bit of heroism like Cons said.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not so sure that it is that either. I went to a baseball game and I was jonesing after baseball players too. I guess that could still be considered power? I don't know.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Uniforms are also symbols of . . . well, uniformity! They show order and organization, two things which I'm sure both men and women (even if it's subconsciously) find attractive.

10. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Anita - The reason I've heard of why women like baseball players in uniform has to do more with the tight fitting pants (that don't look horribly nerdy) and the fact that they're athletic multi-millionaires.

The answers given as to why women like a man in uniform all make sense, but it makes me wonder what it is that makes some guys like a woman in uniform? It may not be as prevalent, but it's still quite common for guys to like pics of women in misc uniforms (or partially in uniforms, as the case may be). Do men have different reasons for this?