Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwi, Jun 4, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Our minds are just so intriguing. I have things in there commited to memory, that I don't consciously realize I'm learning or even know most of the time. For example, we have a CD of kid's songs that we play regularly. I won't even be paying attention to it when it's on, but at the end of a song, I'll immediately start singing the next song on the CD in my head, then it starts up a few seconds later. Unfortunately, being able to recall the order of the songs is never going to help me in the real world. :)

Are you good at memorizing things? Do you have any methods that help you remember something better then others?

2. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I think I remembered something once. Not sure what it was, though.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I remember numbers for some odd reason. Could be because I love math.

Vegito728 and viLky like this.
  4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

lol - good one.

I have a horrible memory. When I'm laying in bed I decide to do something the next day and by the time I wake up I forget what it was. I always need to write things down since I always seem to forget. Maybe I fell on my head or something. @[email protected];

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
    Blueyes likes this.
  5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

my short term memory usually sucks. I have a hard time remembering conversations I had a day or so ago. On the other hand I remember visual details vividly. I'm the kind of guy that only needs to meet ya once and I'll never forget your name. Just dont expect me to remember what we talked about.

6. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I'm the same way with things like that Vilky. I have to make shopping lists or I'll end up with a whole bunch of things I don't need and forget the most important reason I went to the store.

If I'm trying to commit something to memory though (like when I was studying for tests and such) I can remember things really well after a bit of repetition. Also I've found saying things out loud helps me to remember them better.

Blueyes and viLky like this.
  7. Greywolf

Greywolf Registered Member

My life ,even though I'm 15, is in my head... I remember everything that has happened to me since I was 2....

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I remember the most useless and often uninteresting things. For example, I remember (pretty vividly) where my dad's Expo markers were when he moved into his new office a couple years ago.

Blueyes and dDave like this.
  9. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

It's easier for me to remember what happened years ago..as opposed to recently.I forget the small, irrelevant, petty, stuff easily.

Maybe it's just part of reminiscing but my short term memory isn't as good as my long term.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
    dDave likes this.
  10. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

i find that hard to belive, but if its true your memory is amazing.

personally i have good short term memory, but i tend to forget things over a time. and im the kinda guy who is really bad with names, really bad.