Game Cube Memory Card Corruption

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I recently had to format my gamecube memory card because I hadn't used it in so long that it corrupted itself.

I didn't lose anything really important

Finished Super Smash Bros Melee
    Finished Mario Kart Double Dash

Everything else I was going to reset anyway

but still it's really annoying,

has this happened to anyone else?

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

A couple of times.

First was when I had my PS. Went to play Ape Escape, turned the console on, nothing happened. Then I realised it's because I never had it switched on at the wall. Turned the socket power on, went to play the game, found I couldn't. A little investigation later revealed that something had happened to the memory card that prevented controller functionality.

Second was with my PS2. Not entirely sure what happened, but I found a block of corrupted data on my card. To this day, I had no idea what that data was. Thankfully, no other files were harmed, so I just deleted the data.

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

only on 3rd party cards... I never have problems with Nintendo products (unless its like 12 years later)

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I think that it might be because I had a NYKO memory card, though they are the leading brand for memory cards the card hadn't been used in over a year so that might have been it, this is exactly why the Wii did not have memory cards.

5. PB_Blaster

PB_Blaster Registered Member

No. I am not 12 years old.