• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Memorial Day records broken...

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Yes, I know Ive talked about Shrek 2's and The Day After Tomarrows take in there topics, but this Memorial Day was a Record Breaker.

Besides Shrek 2 takeing in the highest gross for the weekend ever...

Shrek 2 and The Day After Tomarrow combined to take in 76% of the weekends gross for the top 12 movies...

The top 12 movies took in 233.5 Million easily passing the previous nest of 202 million for the same weekend last year

meaning that Shrek and Day After Tomarrow took in a total of 178.2 million, meaning the other 10 in the top 12 made only 55.3 million total for the weekend

starfx6464

Awesome
A whole lotta Shrek lovin' goin' on over the long weekend. I still need to go see that movie. And I have to admit, I kinda want to see DAT for the fun of it.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
That movie doesn't come out till a while here Down under. But the previews and the commercials are great and funny. And I can't believe that,that's a weekend to remember.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
that movie must have made soooooo much money.. I know a lot of work goes into animated movies but there is no way they cost as much as lord of the rings or movies like that. So i cant even imagine how much money that has made