Members posting style

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Dec 11, 2009.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

If there were no names or special fonts attached to posts, do you think you'd be pretty good at figuring out who wrote each one?

For instance...

That would have been a no-brainer for me. Alex tends to post with the same attitude, regardless of subject matter.

There are a few members who have very similar posting styles and are hard to differentiate, but for the most part, I'm a pretty good guesser.
    Even when we played mafia (which I miss very much) I could almost always tell who was who within a few posts.

Babe_Ruth likes this.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think BR has a distinct posting style. I can't really say how, I just think I'd know if it was him.

Also, Swift would not be too hard to pick out of a crowd.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

This would make a good game. Yeah, some people are pretty predictable and easy to identify.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with Cons, I think it's pretty easy to know my posting style. Sometimes I have problems putting things into words so I just say the first thing that pops into my head.

But if I give a post a lot of though and effort, then I can be surprising at times.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I totally read your posts with an accent, especially since hearing you.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Actually this would be a very entertaining game.

Even by not being here very often certain members have certain posting styles.

Twitch usually gives the most immature response imaginable, I call it "classic teen".

Tucker usually makes off-the-wall posts that I sometimes do not understand.

Angel's posts are usually cynical, sarcastic, or both.

And Eli's posts have a common theme: pointless.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
    AnitaKnapp and Merc like this.
  7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Tucker is definitely a noticeable style. I've been picturing him stoned and wearing a sombrero with his latest posts.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah the only person you could possibly confuse Tucker's posting style with is Synd. Well, if he was still around.
    Other easily recognisable people: Elly, EEB, BR, Ice.

I'd probably be rubbish at trying to figure out which members wrote what on the boards.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Icegoat's - his style is distinct to me that I guessed him from mafia on the first day

There are others, even banned members' style (so when they come back with anothe alias it looks déjà-vu to me). Some are more because of the content than a style. Like in MD, without avatars and names, I could guess who would make such a claim/stand.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

usually I know my biggest tip off is this guy: :hah: I over use him like crazy. But figured meh, its better than having hahahaha after every other sentence I write.

For me, its Smelnyk and Pretzle that always seem to stick out like a sore thumb. In Mafia those two were really easy to pick out. Other than that I dont pay attention to many other styles.