Member list

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by pro2A, Sep 26, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

A lot of forums I'm on have a member list that you can sort alphabetically, by rep, by number of posts etc... to look for a certain member. Just wondering why GF does not have this, and could we get it? It would make it easier looking for certain members if you want to PM them or something.

Just a thought.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yes I completely agree, I've thought of something like this, if a member hasn't been on in the past 24 hours sometimes it can be impossible to find them.

I think that we should get a list of all 15,000 members :D

Maybe make it so you can choose how long ago they had to be active for. (say no limit, then one year, one month, one week, etc.)

That would make it a lot easier to find people sometimes.

3. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I think that was the original reason why there isn't one already, because there's over 15K members. That's a shit load of members for one list.

I imagine it could be coded like the Statistics page though - only the members with high enough activity levels appear on it. :dunno:

4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

I like that idea as well. I think it would be nice to be able to find someone very easily. Search is all fine and dandy but sometimes I cannot remember exactly how to spell someones name.

5. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Doesn't the help thing come up that shows you everyone's name that starts with what you typed though?

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I think it's a good idea but I think it would take too much coding for Hybrix. That is why it wasn't done.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well like other people have said the issue of 15,000+ members makes the member list kind of pointless unless I can figure out how to make it only show those active in the past year or those who have reached X posts or whatever. There are ways to do it but I've just not gotten around to it since nobody has really asked about it in quite a while.

8. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

It might be easier if it was coded to people active within six months? That would certainly cut down on the list size, I'd think?

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The last forum I was on had this and it worked like this:

Sort through all 15,000 active or inactive either
    Alphabetically
    By Join Date
    By Amount of Posts

However, the one I ended up using the most was just the Alphabetically. because you could click the option for H for instance and all the members whom started with H would come up. Then it made it tons easier than seeping through the muck of 15k worth of members.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah but even clicking the H will still bring up about 10-20 pages on a big forum. :lol:

Also, why did you pick the letter H? Do you have Preparation H on your mind? :hmm:

(And for the record I don't have it on my mind. I just saw Cons' reply here though. :lol:)

http://www.generalforum.com/ideas-support/facebook-status-gf-64116.html