• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Member fishing etiquette

dk_rare

Registered Member
I've been thinking this site could use a few new members, to keep things moving, but I am just wondering if there are any major dos and donts to asking people to join, esp from other forums. The site could do with a few more Australian and European members I think also, considering most of the people I know are from these two continents that wont be a problem.

Is there anything that you want said to potential new members, like is this a place people can come, talk about games and win fabulous prizes, or should the prizes aspect be down played a little. Andrew, would you like yourself pointed out to these potential members, a little backstory on you and your experience, perhaps?

I just thought that these could be things to know and also to keep the chance to get new members fresh in peoples minds.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I'm not so much bothered about refferal points, as I wouldn't want anyone to think I was asking them to joint JUST for refferal points! I'm not sure why, but it sort of makes me feel like I am selling them summat and it may put some people off :(

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Yeah, I'd say it puts ALL people off somewhat. At least people I know in person.

And damn, you got to 360 already??? That was freaking fast. I could have sworn that not so long ago you were at like 250 or something. the hell.....?

dk_rare

Registered Member
*Waves hand accross Vegas field of vision*

You did not notice my posts were at 250 not too long ago, everything seems to be in order :cool: These aren't the droids your looking for :cool: