• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Melo: The Most Underrated Superstar in the NBA

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Simply said, for all the work he does and his production, Carmelo doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's been putting consistent numbers, most of which are overlooked by many. However, if you watch him play and look at the numbers, you'll see that Melo is one of the NBA's elite. Here's why: www.truschoolsports.com/2014/10/carmelo ... rstar-nba/

smh122

Registered Member
When I think of underrated superstars, I think of Dwight Howard, Westbrook, Tony Parker, maybe even Rondo...Guys who have had stretches of sheer dominance at their positions in regular season and in playoffs, but overlooked because of injury, or teammates.Despite reasons listed in the article, I'm not quite sure what makes Melo underrated, let alone most underrated. He's got alot to prove and being a fringe bottom half top 10 guy despite that, is a good spot

knickstape2107

Registered Member
smh122 said:
When I think of underrated superstars, I think of Dwight Howard, Westbrook, Tony Parker, maybe even Rondo...Guys who have had stretches of sheer dominance at their positions in regular season and in playoffs, but overlooked because of injury, or teammates.Despite reasons listed in the article, I'm not quite sure what makes Melo underrated, let alone most underrated. He's got alot to prove and being a fringe bottom half top 10 guy despite that, is a good spot
I respect that and thanks for reading. Agree to disagree but I think Anthony is a top 3 player behind Bron and KD. Rondo and Parker aren't even top 3 at their positions imo and Dwight is still a little immature.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
thegreatone1964 said:
He is actually one of the most OVERRATED superstars of the past 10+ years: http://hoopramblings.blogspot.com/2014/ ... rstar.html
Not really. You're whole argument is based on win shares, nothing else. Obviously, if LeBron is gonna be playing with two All Stars and future Hall of Famers in Wade and Bosh, his win shares will be higher. Win shares are ridiculously useless when comparing two players, especially when your whole argument is based on win shares. You never mentioned anything other than win shares. Win shares aren't always accurate and show more how a team did than how well a player did, so it's not valid to compare one player to another by only win shares (example: Hakeem Olajuwon in 1995).

I also found this line funny:

"LeBron and Durant when his stats are in no way close to either guy's stats."

No way close? Really?

Player A: 27.4 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 3.1 APG, 40.2 % 3PT, 84.8% FT, .7 BPG, 1.2 SPG
Player B: 27.1 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.4 APG, 37.9 % 3PT, 75% FT, .3 BPG, 1.6 SPG

One of the stat lines belongs to Melo, the other to LeBron. It's definitely close.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K NBA 19
dDave NBA 3
StroShow NBA 11
K NBA 15
StroShow NBA 9