• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

'Melo Sweeps!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Where will 'Melo go?

For those who care about the NBA, Carmelo Anthony has been the talk of the largest trade rumors since LeBron made his 'Decision' to go to South Beach.

New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has team drop Carmelo Anthony deal - ESPN New York

He will not be going to the Nets. Mikhail Prokharov said 'nyet' to continuing negotiations with both the Nuggets and the Grizzlies to do a three team deal that would have sent OJ Mayo to the Nuggets, 'Melo to the Nets and Devin Harris to the Grizz...

It is thought now that Carmelo may indeed go to play for the Knicks with Amare.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Nuggets were asking way to much for Anthony, and it wasn't certain that he would sign an extension with the Nets, which is one reason he hasn't been traded yet. It's no secret where Anthony wants to play, or where his girlfriend wants him to play. New York will be his destination, if it's not via trade then he'll sign there this off-season. The Knicks have a few pieces that they can trade to the Nuggets if they're willing to listen to trade offers. If I were the Nuggets though, I would trade him before the February 24 trading deadline. There's no way he re-signs.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree, the Nuggets are going to lose him anyway. They need to try and work out the best deal they can get for him and send him to New York.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree, the Nuggets are going to lose him anyway. They need to try and work out the best deal they can get for him and send him to New York.
That sounds kind of counter-intuitive. Best deal with New York? A third team NEEDS to be involved if a deal gets done.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
He'll probably end up with the Knicks. I hate this kind of thing though. Players need to stop bitching about playing for a certain team. And I also don't like how the NBA is ruled by the so-called "glamor" cities.