• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mein Kamph

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Has anyone else read this book? Did you know that the American version has two chapters removed which detail his plan to eradicate the Jews?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I don't understand why the US version would leave out that part? And why would you read that book anyway? I would feel like I was touching evil just holding it.

Doc

V.I.P.
I would feel like I was touching evil just holding it.
To open my mind to the thought process of a disturbed individual, and see how he developed into the menacing figure that we all know about. I want to see it in his own words, not someone else's interpretation.

I wish I could push through it, though, it's a very boring read. I figured the chapters were in there, but a friend of mine insisted that they weren't.

Phoenix

Fee-nix
To answer Spence's question, although I have not read the book, I can understand why someone would want to. At least why I would want to...We hear about Hitler being a monsterous person, almost as if he was not a human. He was a human, and he had a soul-a good part of him. Yes, he did horrible, treacherous things in his lifetime, but he was human. He had a side to him that was gentle, kind, and loving. I think that if one were to read his book, one would realise that even one of the most monsterous people in history according to his actions had a side that laughed, cried, loved, and felt joy.

Just to make sure everyone is clear- I dont support his actions or beliefs, nor am I a follower of his regime. I just wanted to cast a different light on the subject, and give a different perspective- a perspective I often take into account with people such as this. :)

SimplyGenius

Registered Member
nice thinking, pheonix...throw me th-

And ScubaSteve, I do agree with you. We should learn to understand Hitler as an individual. But you must be very careful when you read it. I think if you read it, you shoud very prepared for the content taht lies within.

Spence, I can understand you. But that can't be continually applied to everything. You have to get your hands dirty sometimes, and I think ScubaSteve has a good cause here.

Now if I were in a vulnerable state of deep confusion and emotional wreckage, it would be dangerous to read Mein Kamph, as it could quite potentially lead to me becoming like him. But instead, before deciding to read Mein Kamph, you shoud make sure that you are only after learning about Hitler's psyce, so that we may prevent another Hitler from rising. You should be opposed to his ideas before you ever read it. If you are seeking philosophical truth, then Mein Kamph may very well make you the next Hitler.

Nice thinking Scuba...

Doc

V.I.P.
I"m under full control of my emotions, don't worry about that. The book is a very boring read, anyway, and I can't read for more than a chapter or two before I have to do something else.

Doc

V.I.P.
So, how is it strange to you? Please, elaborate, since you only posted two words and some periods.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bubbles Bathroom Wall 0
Dr4gon Breaking News 3