meeting on the internet

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by justwondering, Sep 22, 2009.

1. justwondering

justwondering Registered Member

You hear all the time about people meeting on chats and forming relationships.... has anyone ever meet on here, and it becomes more then just a friendship?

2. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I've had two boyfriends now from a dating website. But not from a forum like this one. The guy I'm currently talking to/kind of interested in is from that same dating site.

Sim likes this.
  3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

it has happened i've been interested in guys from the internet but nothing more than that. i had tried to meet any of them but i just didn't have the courage to.
    i've had kind of crushes ... but that's it. and these were long time ago. i don't deal with these kind of crushes anymore because i don't think they're worthy.

4. justwondering

justwondering Registered Member

Im happy to hear that you had good luck with dating website.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Plenty of people have great success stories of meeting people online. I just don't like the idea so much. I prefer to meet in person and I'm hesitant to call anything a relationship that doesn't involve actually physically meeting the person.

6. Sim

Sim Registered Member

I've met my current girlfriend on a dating site as well, and we used to chat for maybe two weeks online, before we first met and became a couple. We've been together for 3 months now, and it's the best relationship I ever had after such a short period of time.

7. Gevok

Gevok Registered Member

Personally, I'm against the whole idea of internet dating. Unless you plan to meet up, I think it's really pointless. Especially in children/teens under 21.

8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Yes... I got married. Not on GF... but on the net. I'm still with her after 4 years. So it happens ;)

9. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I met Konshentz on Myspace. And we've been together for over 2 years now. :)

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

There were actually two people who met here on GF and ended up getting married. So yeah, it happens. They got married and then got busy with life I guess because they haven't been around much since then. :lol: