Medieval tavern/restaurant

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by overburn, Aug 28, 2010.

1. overburn

overburn New Member

I've been having a really interesting idea lately. But I'm not sure if how well it would do.

Think of a restaurant, but designed to seem like it's a medieval tavern.
    And everything to be served is what used to be served in those taverns, prepared the same way, as in almost exactly the same.
    For example, beverages. Instead of beer, there would be medieval ale , prepared the same as the medieval one was prepared. And so on and so forth.

So , what do you think?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

It's a little gimmicky, so it would have to be in a heavily populated city or one with a lot of tourists, but I love love love the idea. I would definitely go.

3. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I don't think that they would approve medieval ale here in most states, depends on the state laws, because the ale that they were drinking in the medeeval era was very strong. I would drink it though

4. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

sounds good to me:)with fitting entertainment as well, it could take off,, and everyone in costume too:nod:

5. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Yeah. Ale wouldn't fly real well - although wasn't this idea already a reality? Didn't they have Medieval Times or something in the movie The Cable Guy? It was just like this, except they had Pepsi.