• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Medicine names

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Why do medicines have such ridiculous names? Hard to say, real long names. Any examples?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Most of them are probably named after the compounds used to create them, and/or the conditions they're supposed to treat.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Methionylalanylthreonyl...leucine

64060 letters. Too long for this post. I am going into Pharmacy hopefully so this is a cool thread idea.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Why do medicines have such ridiculous names? Hard to say, real long names. Any examples?
They are not ridiculous and they have a reason for being like that. The name contains the most important information about the medicine.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
They are not ridiculous and they have a reason for being like that. The name contains the most important information about the medicine.
Not the ingredients or dosage then :p Perhaps I should've made this longer so you knew what I meant? :D