Medical Conditions

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by English-Emo-Boy, Jan 10, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you have any medical conditions and how do you treat them?

I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

It used to be severe but I've managed to get it under control. It used to effect all areas of my life but thanks to the psychologist I've managed to get into a routine that allows me to control the compulsions.

If you met me now you wouldn't notice.....until I washed my hands!!

2. Harmony

Harmony Registered Member

I used to have asthma when I was younger which seems to have disappeared almost completely. So nothing at all. :)

3. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I get really bad hay fever which is really annoying beacuse i like nothing better than flowers and the smell of freshly cut grass.

4. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I have Asthma, which I am improving with a daily exercise routine
    Attention Defficiet Disorder, which used to hugely effect me, in fact, it kept me back in first grade. i used to take various medicines, but i stopped in Seventh grade because it messed up my eating and sleep habits. I still have problems with it, buts its something I will eventually grow out of
    I have a minor Heart Murmor, not much of a problem though

5. Kite

Kite Registered Member

I'm still fighting off the end of bulimia. Had it bad from the ages of 16-18, and now it comes and goes based on stress.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Although I've not been diagnosed, I have my suspicions... (I've got mild hypochondria, figures :lol:)

Oh and physically, I have an under-active thyroid. :melodramatic:

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have heart problems. I see my cardiologist about every 6 months where they do an ecg and ekg on me just to make sure that everything is alright. I am also taking medication for my heart.

8. OverLoad65

OverLoad65 Registered Member

The voices in my head, the very many that there are, tell me that I am perfectly ok! haha

j/k... I used to have really bad Basilar Artery Migraine (BAM), but I haven't had an episode in 11 years. Sensations are still there 24/7. But I'm so used to them now.

9. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a condition called Hypogammaglobulinemia. It is an immune disorder. I am treated with gamma globulin transfusions. I try to avoid them as much as possible as they are extremely expensive, but I get them 1 - 3 times a month typically.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have vertigo. No one really knows yet what causes it, but I've got a pill to minimise the effects when I have an attack. Last time it happened to me, I was pregnant and almost passed out while I was grocery shopping with my two other kids. I couldn't take a pill that time because it's not good for pregnant people. I had to wait for days to have symptoms of dizziness and nausea disappear naturally.