Media/Tabloids

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
All you see in the celebrity tabloids these days is Lindsay Lohan, all you hear about is her drug addiction or that she drinks to much. Honestly, why do they care so much about her personal life? Why does it have to be in every celebrity magazines?

Back in the day you had guys like Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin(who was drunk all the time) ect. those guys were drunk on television and you never heard people say anything about them in the news and such. I know it's a different time then today, but still why do we always have to hear about Lohan, Cyrus and all those "celebrities" that have wild lifestyles? Why can't it be like those Dean Martin days where people just laughed when he fell during his show.

Just makes me mad.

Hiei

The Hierophant
It's because it helps people escape from their miserable reality. They see all of these movie stars cheating on each other, or drinking like fish, doing drugs, whatever it may be, and it helps to humanize the celebrities. Which is sad to say because then the retards that actually read that garbage start to think that that's how life is supposed to be lived and try to mimic it, and it just doesn't end well.

Long story short; they sell this filth to stupid Americans and we just eat it up, so they keep talking about it more and more and more.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I don't get it either personally. I am not a starstruck individual. I don't worship celebrities, nor do I really care what they do. Hiei said it all though. People see celebrities as these god-like people, they are idolized, and to be god-like you must be perfect. Well, people strive to be perfect and they see these people that they believe are as close to perfect as you can get and they become so intertwined with their lives. So when celebs are caught with drugs or get DUIs, it becomes all the rage because that person is no longer more than just a regular human. Besides since they were so idolized, it seems even more shocking because they should be perfect, but they faultered and it is hard for people to grasp that they screwed up, so it seems monumental compared to the regular DUI or drug possession charges.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
It's not the media who care about celebrities and their misdemeanour's, it's the public who buy the material.

The media are just feeding the demand from it's audience.

I've never given a rats ass about the celebrity world, Lindsey Lohan could ovulate on my bed as far as I care!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
These little slutties keep filling the everyday life of those ignorants who don't know on what to waste their time. Yet, I'm not sure if Lindsay Lohan has any fan so I wonder why she's on the first page of very magazine.

SNAP said:
Well, people strive to be perfect and they see these people that they believe are as close to perfect as you can get and they become so intertwined with their lives.
I don't know who's that retard that still sees these celebrities as someone close to perfect. Even the little kids don't buy such thing.

Dabs

Registered Member
It's all about more attention, the more attention they get, the more famous they THINK they become.
Lohan is a rotten stupid brat ass.
All I can say is, I sure am glad she's not my child....I'd have to beat the piss out of her.
She thinks because she's celebrity status and all, she is above the law...I wish they'd put her in a jail cell for months, and let her see how it feels.
The judges and all, they do give celebrities special treatment, and it sucks ass.
I'm sick of hearing about Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton.....bitches.

konboye

Registered Member
For Lohan, I think its because we all saw her grow up and get rotten right in front of our very own eyes. It was like watching a very promising and exceptional kid go bad with the help of her parents. Most people feel attached to her life and story because its so much like a soap opera, a very sinister one. Lets just hope she doesn't OD anytime soon.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
It's just the current trend. Right now people are just interested in seeing how screwed up everyone else is. It's why these tabloids exist, and it's why reality shows are popular at the moment.

I do enjoy watching some reality shows, but I don't look at the tabloids...unless there is a long line at the supermarket.

Dabs

Registered Member
It's just the current trend. Right now people are just interested in seeing how screwed up everyone else is. It's why these tabloids exist, and it's why reality shows are popular at the moment.

I do enjoy watching some reality shows, but I don't look at the tabloids...unless there is a long line at the supermarket.
There you go, that's when I glance thru them too.
If you stand there long enough, you can practically read the whole magazine without spending a dime.....

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I don't read that garbage, half the crap they put in there magazines are lies or bullshit that get exagerated. It does humanize the celebrity, because they are human. Look at Tiger Woods, his life changed for ever and we were all there to see it. That is humiliating to Tiger and his family. I would hate to be a celebrity and get caught drinking a beer, because then I would be classified as an alcoholic over one beer or one night of drinking. It's bullshit, nothing but lies and propaganda