• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Media elites break gun laws and brag about it...

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
on national TV with impuny.

David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV —– Update: CNN’s Don Lemon Admits To Breaking Gun Laws, Too? The Patriot Perspective

How does that work? Possessing illegal "high capacity" mags in DC while promoting the idea that I should not be allowed to do so? Waving it around as a prop to misinform the low information voter?

How about the illegal purchase of an AR-15 variant in Colorado? Bragging about it on TV as if buying one illegally makes that jackass an expert in firearms? If I buy a guitar does that then make me an authority in all things guitar? Will I be the new Jimi Hendrix of I buy a guitar like his?

I would like to see these two arrested and PERP WALKED in front of the cameras, just like the media loves to do to so many. Then they should be convicted and given the maximum sentences as examples to others who might be tempted to break these laws.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Breaking the law and bragging about it on national TV....wow. Can I do that? Can I snort cocaine on national TV just to show how easy it is to buy and use cocaine?

I agree, these clowns should be arrested and given the maximum sentences.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Since he had the mag maybe the police should go in and tear that place apart looking for the gun that goes with it.

These stunts prove gun control doesn't work. If you want it bad enough you will find a way to get it. The man that shot the firefighters had an illegal weapon. He was a felon and couldn't own any firearm legally but yet he got one.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The importance of prosecuting David Gregory if he violated D.C.’s gun law - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

There are a lot of questions here that require a thorough investigation. Did Gregory bring this illegal magazine into DC, or was it provided to him in DC? From whom did he obtain it and when? Does he still have it or did he illegally transfer possession of the illegal magazine to another person. Was there a conspiracy at NBC news to illegally obtain and possess this by staff? Was possession transferred among members of staff? Who were involved in this conspiracy and how far up the chain of command at NBC does this conspiracy go?

LOTS of questions and Gregory needs to be arrested and interrogated. If he refuses to assist in the investigation he needs to be held without bond for conspiracy to distribute banned weapons.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
David Gregory will not be prosecuted - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

Surprise surprise, they won't prosecute Gregory. But they arrested this guy:
Injured special forces soldier arrested in upstate NY for possession of high capacity ammunition magazines - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

And another: Blog: David Gregory skates on gun magazine charge (updated)

So they will arrest and prosecute veterans, but not media elites. Got it.

Clearly there is a double standard as to what laws apply to whom and who you are makes a difference. David Gregory is above the law.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Is this surprising to you? Because it's not to me. I didn't expect Gregory to be prosecuted for breaking the law. If you or I had done what he did we would be in jail right now, and probably denied basic things like a lawyer, habeas corpus, amongst others especially if they knew we were gun owners and/or members of the NRA.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
If I had done it I'd be calling you! And you wouldn't be able to help me. But he's above all that nonsense, as well as the conspiracy to get him his prop where it is illegal.

Those laws only apply to the little people, not the ones with friends.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's not about 'media elites' or whatever buzzword someone has come up with, it's about people with money or power. How many cops escaped prosecution for various crimes last year alone with minimal, if any, consequences whatsoever? A lot. People with wealth? They always skate past their crimes. It's about how the American justice system is a joke and is easily manipulated by people with the right strings in the right places.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
But there's a difference between someone with money somehow getting away with something criminal and someone openly breaking the law on national TV, where there is proof of the violation, and no action is taken whatsoever.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
But there's a difference between someone with money somehow getting away with something criminal and someone openly breaking the law on national TV, where there is proof of the violation, and no action is taken whatsoever.
I know, I said people with wealth or power. This would probably fall under the latter category. Having the right people with the right connections is commonly how that group of people get away with this sort of thing, if they do.