Meat or Veg?

Saffy

Registered Member
Are you a meat eater, or a vegetarian? If you are a veggie, why? is it because of moral reasons or health reasons,,,,

I'm a meat eater, although I do like veggies and vegetarian meals,,i dont always have to have meat:lol: I do like fish and seafood also. There are of course some people who dont eat meat but are not really vegetarians, as in they will eat fish etc.

Also.. to the meat eaters,,, have you ever eaten any other than the normal meats we eat everyday?I have eaten Horse (although i didnt know it was horse at the time) and rabbit (rabbit was eaten a lot here at one time,, North east England) I havent eaten ostrich, or kangaroo ,, or alligator:-/:lol:
When i found out i had eaten Horse,, i nwas like OMG!! i have eaten horse!!!:-o:sick: and made sure i didnt eat it again,,, isnt that hypocritical of me though? i mean whats the difference between a horse and a cow really:shake:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm definitely no vegeterian, I love my meat way to much to become one. I'm not a huge fan of cooked vegetables, but I do enjoy raw vegetables a lot. I've always been a firm believer that it's important to eat meat, it doesn't have to be often but it's good to have in your system. That's just me though.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I grew up eating meat and I'll die eating meat. I like meat. I've had the usual, pork, chicken, beef and fish. I've also had rabbit, grouse, squid, crab and various non normal cow and pig parts (stomach, intestine, ear etc.).

I do love vegetables as well though. Vegetables are so interesting to eat as well. I've had some pretty strange ones of those as well. I live with a Filipino, so I've tried lots of his local cuisine as well.

I could never eat horse, cat or dog. I grew up with those as pets, and to me, those aren't food animals.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I eat meat, but not very much. I could easily be a vegetarian, but I do enjoy meat, so at the same time I can't. I do eat a lottttt of seafood though, so I could also be a pescatarian easily.

The things I have tried that didn't seem quite usual to me were shark and iguana >.<

Blueyes

Registered Member
I could be a vegetarian I guess. I very rarely eat meat and when I do its just usually ham or chicken and on occasion pork. I don't eat steak. I do eat a lot of tuna steak though.

There is no way I could be a veggie. I can see the logic in vegetarianism where animal rights are concerned, but I'm just a huge effing hypocrite. lol

I do love vegetables though, especially raw.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
as most humans, I'm omnivorous.

I dont concentrate on one or the other, I usually eat them both equally one way or another.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Well, since I grew up on a cattle farm I think my parents may disown me if I choose not to eat meat anymore.

Not really, but I do enjoy meat very much and can't see myself giving it up. If I eat a meal that does not include meat, then I am usually hungry a lot sooner.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm a vegetarian, infact, I'm the only one in my family who is. I'm a vegetarian for moral reasons. I love animals way too much too eat them. I understand that meat is a good source of protein, but I'll settle for soy lol. Yeah, I can't see myself being a carnivore, mainly because I've been a vegetarian since I was maybe 8 or 9.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
Lacto vegetarian, mostly for moral reasons.

The only meat products I buy are for my cat because that is what he is supposed to eat for survival.