Meaningless

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Westy, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Westy

Westy Registered Member

When does life become meaningles?
    Sorry to be so negative but things in my life have come to such an all time low( all my fault) my life just seems to be so meaningless. I have lost my family, espeicially my daughter all seems worth less. I'd love to be positive but my current situation dictates thats not to be?
    How are we all feeling with our lives at the moment ?
    discuss.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I think life becomes meaningless as soon as you lose hope, the minute you think your current situation is too difficult to overcome.
    I also think looking at life as being meaningless is pretty cowardly.

Oooh_snap likes this.
  3. Westy

Westy Registered Member

I agree Angels, maybe im being a coward at this moment in time but i look at it and dont see anything positive!:shake:

4. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Im sorry to hear you're having a hard time of things.

Life is never meaningless. It has its high points and low points but to say it is meaningless questions all of our existences. I remember seeing a documentary with this guy who had life in prison with no parole, probably not a good role model but I'll paraphrase what he basically said; There will always be reasons for a tomorrow because you just don't know what tomorrow will bring you....I dont expect I will be going fishing....for sure.....but maybe something else will make me smile!

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Pretty deep subject actually.

I cant say I've ever actually felt that life is meaningless, Minuscule on the other hand....

With all the people in the world and all the happenings going on at all times, to me it seems rather moronic to think that our lives are generally anything other than minuscule. Its like looking at an Ant hill, hundreds of thousands of ants can be living in one. Is one ant, one regular ant in particular more significant than the other? Not necessarily because they are made of the same compounds, capable of the same greatness or darkness, and yet every single one of them is expendable including the best of them. Are we as humans really any different? I'd like to generally think so but cant think of a good enough reason to.

However, we still arent meaningless. Whether what we do in life means anything after wards nobody can really know. But that doesnt mean what we do at the moment still isnt worth doing. I'm a firm believer in keeping my head up, living life to the best of my ability, making the most out of every situation good or bad, and hopefully leaving some sort of noteworthy legacy behind me no matter how big or small. That to me is meaningful and definitely worth the cost of a questionable existence. But then again thats just an opinion.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Life only becomes meaningless when you die, because when your alive, everything you do has a meaning, and there's a reason why you do it.

Oooh_snap likes this.
  7. Eonn

Eonn New Member

We are as meaningless as an ant. Infact in the terms of the Earth we are perhaps more of a virus than something it would want on it's surface. I find it in great error that we as a species has the idea that we are speacial and more worthy than everything else on the planet. The amount of people that die each day, some die through pointless banter or accident. We aren't meaningful, we just create our own meaning, whatever that is.

I don't agree. It's easy for someone to say it's cowardly when they haven't been in the same position as someone of whom has reached such a low point as to be able to utter the question "is this meaningless?".

You've hit a solid point in your life where you have lost a great deal, the most natural reaction to an event like that is to feel lost and hopeless. It is usually the people around us that keeps us sane, we need those close to keep us in touch and give us meaning and reason to live on.

You are not a coward. I find it ignorant that anyone would dare say a thing like that.

It can be a difficult thing to over come, but you have to find yourself meaning, something that you find worthy of being around for. You may think it an impossible feat, but there is usually always something.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Life isn't meanginless. Life is what you make of it. If you are negative like that then you are going to miss out on a lot of great things.

Don't you have children? Surely that wouldn't make life so meanginless...

9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Life becomes meaningless when you;re stuck on the dole with no way out.

10. Dali

Dali Registered Member

I don't think life is ever meaningless even if at some point you feel it is. Whatever our circumstances we all have something good to offer to the world even if it is something as small as helping an old lady across the street, that simple action can give allot of joy to someone and make them smile. Everything we do has some effect on something or someone so life can't possibly be meaningless.