Mean People

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by AngelsPeak, Apr 23, 2005.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm going to be starting an auction soon that I'm sure will get a couple of mean comments. I know, I know, take the good with the bad, but it still steams me that there are so many rude people out there. My fairy bones auction only got 1 mean comment, and I'm still kicking myself for taking the time to write back. I wonder if it would be against Ebay policy to post their user ID along with the comments within an auction? I know it's petty, but sometimes it's the little things that make you feel better... :lol: How do you guys handle the smallminded?

2. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I've only sold boring stuff so I can't help you with that part. But I have seen auctions where the reply to Q/A included a name.

3. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I know what you mean. I find it so frustrating as well. It is against Ebay's policy to post someone's user id in your auction. I know, because I tried it before and it was cancelled.

4. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

but you can report them as harassing you.. I did to someone who keep on and on email rude comments......... i was making my stress level why high and with MS you can't have stress......... so now i just delete it and if not I just go and reply back with a stupid remark like them............
    nani :warp:

5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

They cancelled your whole auction because you posted a name or just the question part? If your whole auction then that is just nuts!!! If these people are going to send you mean email then don't they deserve to have their names listed?

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

There was a funny follow up regarding my mean person. It was a strange coincidence, but I did a google search using my auction title and came across this person on a different (and really strange) site bashing my auction there; well being me I just couldn't help myself, so I signed up on that site so I could join in their discussion. I told them who I was and that I would only post once. This guy actually thought I was somehow following him through cyberspace and wrote "I am going to post on another board and see if she finds me there"....I at least feel like I got the last laugh. The element of surprise was definately on my side....Great now I sound like one of my girls.....childish. Oh well, it was still fun! :lol:

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Not childish.....REALLY funny! They are fine as long as they can hide in their little cyber world but hunt them down or call them on it and they run like scared little rabbits. Hope you find him again (I'd be looking)! and post to him again. Hey, something to do while your auction runs :lol:

Care to share where you found him? Maybe he can get a few other remarks back at him.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'll send you a PM no sense glorifying their site!

Or not (no link) Maybe you can send me one and I can send the info that way?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  9. lostmymindwith5

lostmymindwith5 Registered Member

I've received over 600 emails from people about my silly baseball auction. Only 4 out of those were nasty. The first one really bothered me, but then I put it in perspective. What do I care what some loser on the internet thinks of my auction? I simply deleted the negative comments. I did a google on my auction and saw that it was being discussed on about 40 different sites. A couple of them were bashing me too. I thought about joining in and telling them off, but then reconsidered because I know they're not worth it. My advice is just to ignore the ignorant people who have nothing better to do with their time.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Well put! I'll have to learn to resist those urges...BTW I was one of the nice e-mails on your auction. :hah: