McNabb leaves game against Dolphins with ankle injury

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb left Sunday's game in the second quarter against Miami with a sprained right ankle, nearly a full year after he was knocked out of a game with a torn knee ligament.

McNabb threw the ball away before he was dragged down from behind by Dolphins cornerback Michael Lehan on a blitz. McNabb hobbled off the field and was taken to the locker room for X-rays.

He came out of the tunnel after halftime in full uniform and pads and did some light jogging down the sideline. A.J. Feeley, who took McNabb's place with the Eagles trailing 7-3, started the second half.

McNabb was lost for the rest of the season last Nov. 19 when he tore the ACL in his right knee against the Tennessee Titans.
McNabb was playing an awful game, completing only three of 11 passes for 34 yards with two interceptions. He showed a brief glimpse of his old scrambling style with a 26-yard run in the first quarter.

Miami safety Jason Allen picked off two of McNabb's passes deep inside Dolphins territory. McNabb pointed right at Reggie Brown on a first-quarter drive and Allen stepped in front of the wide receiver to make the interception at the 5.
Allen got McNabb again inside the red zone in the second quarter, intercepting a pass at the 2.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80445d71&template=without-video&confirm=true

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
...and the Dolphins still find a way to lose. Its getting really hard to stay a phin fan, Cam Cameron makes some of the stupidest plays sometime.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yeah hes my starting qb in my fantasy league...kinda skrewed me today.

But I think if McNabb is out for any amount of time he will probably be out of philly at the end of next year.

I feel terrible about McNabb. I know it's a minor injury from what I hear, but he's been riddled with injuries throughout his career and he just wants to have a season where he at 100%. I hope McNabb can get out on the field as soon as possible, because the Eagles really need a leader like McNabb for them to contend with their opponets.