• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

McNabb benched

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Yesterday, Mike Shanahan benched Donovan McNabb with two minutes left to go and Washington needing a touchdown to win the game. Yesterday, Shanahan said Grossman gave them a better chance at running the two-minute warning. Now, Shanahan said it's because McNabb wasn't in great shape to run the two minute drill.

Mike Shanahan says Donovan McNabb not in shape for 2-minute drill - ESPN

Sticky situation for Shanahan. First off, this was stupid by Shanahan but Rex Fucking Grossman is never, in any situation, better then Donovan McNabb. Secondly, McNabb is a captain and a leader on the Redskins and this could turn into a locker room issue. Thirdly, this will definitely come into play during McNabb's contract situation this off-season.

I think Shanahan was acting out of emotion but this could turn into a bad situation for all parties. What are your opinions on this?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought it was a stupid decision, I don't care if McNabb isn't in shape for the two minute drill, it's not like he hasn't done it in the past. This is a slap in

Donavan's face, it's clearly saying that his coach has no confidence in him whatsoever, especially when the game is on the line, what's even worst is that he puts Grossman in to try and win the game. No offense to Rex, but that's another slap in the face.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I actually laughed out loud when Shanahan said Grossman gave them a better chance to win. Has he ever seen this guy play before? It makes me wonder. If I'm a coach that's lost all faith in my starting QB and my back-up is Rex Grossman, I'm seriously considering putting the punter in and see how he handles the 2-minute drill.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It doesn't make any sense to me. Rex Grossman is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league and McNabb is a proven winner. How long until the racism excuse is used?

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
They brought in JaMarcus Russell today for a workout.

'Uh, ya Donovan? Your not in good enough shape to run the 2 minute drill, but we think JaMarcus might be.'

The Redskins everybody.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no doubt in my mind that McNabb isn't re-signing with them this off-season.

I really like that McNabb is being professional about this whole thing, the media is trying to create a huge storyline out of it(which they should) but he's staying within himself and letting it go for the most part. Good on him for that.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I laughed out loud too, I mean Rex Grossman?? McNabb is a far better option than Rex Grossman at any time during the game. That said, McNabb DOES look out of shape from time to time. It does appear at times he doesn't work as hard as he should and if he would, he would have been even more successful.