• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

McFadden: Fluke or Real Deal

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always been a believe of Darren McFadden, even if he struggled at first in the NFL. I knew that he had the tools and size to become a good running back in this league.

With that said, McFadden had the best game of his professional career last weekend against the Broncos. Do you believe it was just a fluke or he's turning to the real deal?

Thoughts and explanations.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I think it is so hard to judge a player that plays for Oakland. They are such a poorly run team I hate to say someone is the real deal or a bust based on playing there.

That said I still think McFadden is a damn good back and would be much more successful playing somewhere else, anywhere else.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Well he's only had one breakout game, so it's a fluke until he does it again.

Konshentz

Konshentz
He's had two good games this year, but I don't think you can judge him just yet, maybe at the end of the season. Hopefully he doesn't become injury prone and end his career earlier. He would be so much better on a good team.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Hopefully he doesn't become injury prone and end his career earlier. He would be so much better on a good team.
I agree with both of these statements. I think that McFadden is being held back by a mediocre line and poor organizational structure. He also gets hurt more than you'd like a feature back to be.

I think that McFadden needs to have a 14-16 game season with at least 1200 yards before we can really call him the real deal.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another good game by Darren McFadden last Sunday. So far this season he's rushed for almost 700 yards, he's averaging 111 rushing yards a game. He needs to get his touchdown numbers a bit higher since he only has four of them right now.

I like how they are using him as a wide receiver too, he has a chance to finish with over 1100 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving. Glad to see him playing well, since I've always been a fan.