Mcdonalds Monopoly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Oct 24, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Alright so I'm not asking whether or not you like Mcdonalds in this thread, lol and I can almost promise someone is gonna post nothing but "I don't like mcd's"...... Please don't.

But as the monopoly game has began, are any of you trying to win a million?

Any stories related to the game, your opinions on it, etc.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't really go to mcdonalds all that often but I did go like 2 weeks ago.

I went with like 6 friends.

We actually had about 5/8 of the board built.

Probably should have kept the pieces.

lol. I hear that Park Place and Boardwalk are just impossible to get.

I think it's a cool idea.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Umm, okay so I feel stupid, cause I don't understand the OP at all. What does Monopoly and Mc'ds have to do with each other?

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Park Place is easy to get. Boardwalk is incredibly rare.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I usually get Park Place every year haha...

I remember when I was in college myself and like 5other guys went to McDonalds to get the pieces and they gave us the large fries without the game pieces on it so we bitched and they gave them to us...which is bush league that they would give us those when they obviously had the ones with pieces somewhere else.

Makes ya wonder how many McDOnalds employees steal those things.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I do it, usually.

Right now, I actually need 1 more piece and I get $500 but I doubt I'll ever find it.

I have 3 railroads, B&O, Pennsylvania and Reading.

We should share out pieces so we can win money :p

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Every year McDonalds does a "monopoly" game. They stick little stickers to certain boxes, fries, and drinks. The goal of the game is to get a whole set of properties like the real monopoly game. Incentives are usually money, videogames, cars, etc. I think this year they were giving away 1 million out randomly every day.

Either last year or the year before they incorporated a website (playatmcd.com) as part of the promotion. You create an account and put the code from your sticker in the website. This creates 2 ways to win.

Although I think the winning is a myth hahahah I've never heard of anyone really winning from my area :hah: but they advertise "winners" every year.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

They make these things impossible to win. It's easy to get the first two pieces to a Monopoly, but the third one is incredibly rare. There's probably 50 million Park Places, but only one Boardwalk.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't play all that much anymore, when it first got introduced me and my family use to play a lot, we were doing extreme renovations to the house so we ate out a lot. McDonalds was one of the biggest things we ate and we collected a lot of them but we never win any.

I agree with Echoes post.

10. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I've always played this. I think it's fun. I've won small things before, but never anything noteable. A friend of mine in college did win a TV off of it a few years ago, that was pretty cool.