• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

McDonald’s in churches?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A design firm committed to using “cutting edge communication technology to empower the 21st century church” started a new project, “McMass,” in which it aims to reinvigorate the flock by opening McDonald’s franchises in churches.

Christian ‘branding agency’ seeks $1 million for ‘McMass’ project to put McDonald’s in churches
Personally I think this is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If I did attend church on a regular basis I think this would turn me off. There might even be a conflict of interest here. Church being non profit and McDonald's being for profit. How would that work?

What do you think about this?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
We now gather under the holy golden arches of the Church of McChrist to pray to he who was born of an overweight virgin for the fast-food of mankind. Tonight we are baptizing a new member in grease and dedicating him to to the free market. Would you like fries or onion rings with that?

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see a lot of churches going for this and for good reason. Once you turn you church into a for profit business it will no longer be a church.

I would like to know what Christians think about this?

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
This has already happened before. Jesus had seen a particular temple which they had turned into a business. Jesus told them you had transformed this temple into a market of thieves.
Jesus made whipcords and he flipped over the tables.. He exclaimed this is a not a market. This is a place of worship.

Mark 11:15
[ Jesus Cleanses the Temple ] So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.
So I am pretty sure that God would not like these McDonald churches. Don't you see what McDonald's is doing? Yes of course to make McMoney...ca ching.. Keep it real McDonalds'' Take your business somewhere else.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not sure why they are using the word "Mass" as that connotation implies doing this through the Catholic Church, which as far as I know is not being considered. There is a Baptist Church that has a Subway, in Pennsylvania I think, in a black neighborhood, that is working out pretty well. It's gotten some people off the streets and into jobs, and some of the money has been used to upgrade the church.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm not sure why they are using the word "Mass" as that connotation implies doing this through the Catholic Church, which as far as I know is not being considered. There is a Baptist Church that has a Subway, in Pennsylvania I think, in a black neighborhood, that is working out pretty well. It's gotten some people off the streets and into jobs, and some of the money has been used to upgrade the church.
That's interesting about the Subway. First time I've heard that. When I was in AK, half of the churches had espresso carts. It was a great fund raiser for the youth. I also have seen churches have dinners once a week for $5 a head. The McD's thing just seems really weird though. I would have a hard time getting past it just because you should not treat the temple God gave you(your body) with such little respect as to feed it McDonald's. I mean, I have literally lived off McDonalds before because 4 McDoubles = $4/day but still it just seems wrong mixing the two.

Last edited: