• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

McDonald’s drops Heinz Ketchup

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
McDonald’s said Friday it was dropping ketchup king Heinz as a supplier of the key hamburger condiment, citing management changes at Heinz that put the company closer to rival Burger King.

After 40 years, McDonald’s drops Heinz Ketchup | The Raw Story
This story is almost funny, McDonalds only use their ketchup in two states but because Heinz is getting cozy with Burger King they are now going to drop them. Well McDonalds since you only use them in two states I can't blame them.

dDave

V.I.P.
I hardly see how this is even relevant news. Most people will literally not notice or care. If you're married to Heinz though, you'd best be bringing your own ketchup or going to Burger King I guess.

Kind of makes me curious as to why they're being officially dropped though. What kind of business transaction must have caused that?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It does say that Heinz seems to be showing a bit too much affection for Burger King Dave so I'm assuming that's all it took for McDonald's to drop them. I think it's relevant though because it's about the foods we eat. My guess is that they wanted Heinz to either ditch their support for Burger King or get lost.

I'm guessing Heinz told Ronald to fuck himself.

dDave

V.I.P.
It does say that Heinz seems to be showing a bit too much affection for Burger King Dave so I'm assuming that's all it took for McDonald's to drop them. I think it's relevant though because it's about the foods we eat. My guess is that they wanted Heinz to either ditch their support for Burger King or get lost.

I'm guessing Heinz told Ronald to fuck himself.
I'm still not seeing why it's a big deal. It's ketchup, let me say that again, it's ketchup. Lots of companies support brands that are in direct competition with one another take, I'm not sure what McDonald's was hoping to prove here.

Meh, I just see it as petty. Not much more to say on that though.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Go pick up a bottle of Heinz and tell me if under ingredients it says "ketchup" because I guarantee you it's a few more items than just some tomatoes. To me, that's why it's important because it deals with what we're eating and if you ask me, this country could use a lot more awareness when it comes to what they eat.