• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

McCoy to be traded to Bills

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.
Guess Kelly is taking a page out of the Patriots' personnel playbook and getting rid of a guy a year early. I guess Alonzo is fully recovered from his knee injury. If he is, they'll get about a decade more of service in Philly

That one, I'm honestly trying to figure out. Why would Chip Kelly get rid of arguably the best RB in the NFL? Either way, that's a very nice pickup for the Bills, meaning the end of the CJ Spiller experience in Buffalo. Now if the Bills can only get a decent QB.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
EdgeHead said:
That one, I'm honestly trying to figure out. Why would Chip Kelly get rid of arguably the best RB in the NFL? Either way, that's a very nice pickup for the Bills, meaning the end of the CJ Spiller experience in Buffalo. Now if the Bills can only get a decent QB.
McCoy was pretty disappointing last year. Seventh-year running backs who are starting to go don't normally get it back.

willge87

Registered Member
A pretty shocking deal if you ask me! I guess the Bills were concerned about Spiller's status after the groin injury he suffered last year. The Bills still need a QB to make the McCoy deal work and remember that the entire Eagles team underachieved last year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bills just traded for Matt Cassell.

Boy, they are committed to EJ Manuel, huh?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is Cassel an upgrade from Kyle Orton?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Millz said:
Bizzy said:
Is Cassel an upgrade from Kyle Orton?
Is Matt Cassel an upgrade from EJ Manuel?

Matt Cassel sucks.
Manuel is playing out the string of his rookie contract. I think it's an open competition leaning heavily toward Cassel.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
This is a good trade for the Bills. They get another playmaker on offense. LeSean McCoy is still a top 7 RB in the NFL and in the prime of his career. Alonso is coming off major knee surgery. Eagles have a lot of needs right now. And Chip Kelly wants to get Mariota...