• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mayweather vs. McGregor, Aug. 26

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I suspect this will probably be a typical Mayweather boxing affair. McGregor won't be able to lay a glove on Mayweather. And Mayweather will casually pick apart McGregor.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
If this fight goes past the second round I'll be shocked, Floyd doesn't hit much in the ring (he only hits women outside of it) but he'll KO Conor.

TheAngrySportsGuy

Registered Member
If this fight goes past the second round I'll be shocked, Floyd doesn't hit much in the ring (he only hits women outside of it) but he'll KO Conor.
I'm not sure Mayweather will risk what it'll take to win this in the 2nd. The only shot McGregor has is to knock out Mayweather. Doubt Mayweather will open up his D to go for the early finish. I'm also not sure Mayweather has the power to knock out McGregor anymore. He has brittle hands.

With that said, McGregor is going to have to have a lucky flurry to win this thing.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
In his mind, I think that Conor is sincerely convinced he's gonna knock out Floyd. I'm not saying that he's gonna get KOed by Mayweather himself - given how usually boring Floyd's fights are - but unless he has a tremendous master plan heading into it, he'll be notoriously - pun intended - humiliated on August 26.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Floyd will win but the intrigue is still there somehow. This is gonna make so much damn money.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who else watched this? I did. It was intense. McGregor definitely gets credit for not being afraid to fight anyone. He went out there and fought like a champ. He gave it all he had. I think in the end he lost because he had to hone in his instincts to go full MMA. He hammer punched Mayweather many times and kept getting called on it. For what the gift was, boxing rules and all, it was a great effort by both guys. It was classy seeing them brush it off at the end and hug it out. Great sportsmanship.

And hey, 50-0 isn't a bad note to end on.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mayweather was playing it extremely safe until he knew he had him, once all of McGregor's power was gone.

Entertaining fight.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
McGregor proved everyone wrong. Many expected this to be a CM Punk UFC debut-like debacle but it turned out to be quite a performance by Conor. Mayweather just outsmarted him by letting him punch himself out and then, he took over.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Boxing / MMA 21
CaptainObvious Boxing / MMA 0
ysabel Boxing / MMA 8
ysabel Boxing / MMA 33
CaptainObvious Boxing / MMA 19