• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mayonnaise

kitchendame

Registered Member
I love mayo and mustard both--I could eat dijon mustard by itself. I like using mayo as an integral part of sour cream dips, mixed in to my potato salad and instead of butter on my blt sandwiches. I often make home made mayo because then I can use olive oil, lemon juice and spices, which takes it to a whole 'nother level.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
How can people put this DISGUSTING condiment on food, ESPECIALLY fries?

Who likes mayo?
I LOVE mayo!

But I used to hate it until I was 16yo. The funny thing is that the reason I discovered that mayo wasn't evil is because I see other people ordering extra mayo with fries (and I love fries)! Finally I tasted it and it's yummy. I add ketchup and/or pepper to the mayo mix.

Anyway, in France oru mayo isn't white (although some grocery stores would sell white mayo or imported ones). That's because we add mustard (Dijon type) to our mayo recipe and it makes our mayo yellowish, and it's tastier:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Never liked mayo until I got a little older...I think the color put me off for some reason.

I only eat it on sandwiches but I really enjoy it on sandwiches.

kitchendame

Registered Member
I LOVE mayo!

But I used to hate it until I was 16yo. The funny thing is that the reason I discovered that mayo wasn't evil is because I see other people ordering extra mayo with fries (and I love fries)! Finally I tasted it and it's yummy. I add ketchup and/or pepper to the mayo mix.

Anyway, in France oru mayo isn't white (although some grocery stores would sell white mayo or imported ones). That's because we add mustard (Dijon type) to our mayo recipe and it makes our mayo yellowish, and it's tastier:

ysabel, I often mix mayo and mustard together when I use it! That mayo you get looks delicious.

lefoto

Registered Member
I like to mix ketchup and mayo to eat with my fries, burgers and hot dogs. When I was younger I was disgusted by mayo.

Dabs

Registered Member
I love mayonnaise, but I do not like Miracle Whip...to me, there is a huge difference in taste.
In fact, I prolly use more mayonnaise than I should, bad for clogging the arteries *ha*
But, I put ranch dressing on my fries, that's got a good zing to it too!

Konshentz

Konshentz
I enjoy Miracle Whip. I have it on all sorts of things (fries not being one of those). I prefer it over mustard nowadays, but that's just a recent thing.

Dabs

Registered Member
When I would make certain meals or casseroles when my children were small.....only one of my children did not like the taste of regular mayonnaise, he preferred Miracle Whip.
So if I made his tuna casserole.....I made one batch with mayonnaise and another batch with Miracle Whip....everybody was happy!

kitchendame

Registered Member
I like to mix ketchup and mayo to eat with my fries, burgers and hot dogs. When I was younger I was disgusted by mayo.
Ketchup and mayo?! Now that is something I've never heard of or tried. Now I have to try it...thanks for a neat idea!
------
I love mayonnaise, but I do not like Miracle Whip...to me, there is a huge difference in taste.
In fact, I prolly use more mayonnaise than I should, bad for clogging the arteries *ha*
But, I put ranch dressing on my fries, that's got a good zing to it too!
I'm pretty much the same way, Dabs...when I was a kid I used to drown the taste of Miracle Whip in my salad by pouring gravy on it. Now when I get nostalgic I do the same thing for dinner--toss my salad in Miracle Whip and then drown it in gravy. Weirdness, I know...

Last edited: