Maybe my concerns will be heard now

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Jan 12, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

2. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Looks like congress just found the internet.

Thanks to AT&T wireless the internet can't hide from congress anymore.

3. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

So apparently since Ted Stevens is gone, the new guy in his coalition spot actually knows a tiny amount of what the internet actually fucking is and how it works. I can see it now:

New Guy: So, uh, hey guys, have you seen YouTube? It's on the internet.

Congress: Internet? Isn't that the series of tubes that Ted was always rambling about?

New Guy: Uhh... no. It's this network of computers that lets you communicate with anyone in the world.

Congress: WE HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Welcome to 2004, Congress. 'bout fuckin' time you showed up.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I can't lie, this is a good idea. Whether it's just being done to save face or not is something we may never know. It's still nice to see that the US government is at least pretending to be exiting the 90's, considering it's almost a decade into the new millennium already. :lol:

I laughed at the music though. It was so overly electronic sounding as if they are trying to subliminally make us think they've been all over this idea for years. They should have hired Hans Zimmer.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I like the idea in general. I just think too many people are going to try to get their voices heard. No way can "congress" read all the comments or watch all the videos and use that information.

6. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

I think the main point is that they're putting shit out there. The more they talk back to us the better.

7. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I'm not sure so. Since the members control the sites, its going to be nothing but good stuff, i.e. free commercials. I went to my Rep's Page (Don Young) and there's all these videos about Mr. Energy Independent, Don Young fighting for more oil and gas, opening ANWR, etc.... I want to see the video where Don Young said gas prices weren't high enough and we should raise taxes on gas to stop people driving SUV's. Or the stuff about his land deals in FL.

I hate to be cynical, but I just don't trust anyone in DC except for Ron Paul, Jim Demint and a handful of others. The last thing I would ever waste my time on is watching a bunch of videos put together by Congress showing how they are fighting for us and how much they care.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  8. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

Great idea, can't wait to see how it works out over time.

9. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Holy crap, they're stepping the f**k up! Actually, they would have been doing that if they discovered youtube wasn't such a bad place to where they would try to ban it. Looks like the tables have turned. Go YouTube!!! Also, congrats to you congress members.

~Shwa

10. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

I have a new found respect for stabenow after checking out the videos there. Pretty cool concept. (obviously from senatehub though)

Thanks for turning me on to this Pro.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009