• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Maximum Ride

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
We had this thread years ago, but it's locked sooo...

With the final novel coming out in 25 days, I'm wondering if old fans are still fans and if any new members are fans or have read the books?

Since the epic fail of book four, I've found the following three books to be less exciting than the first three - which were action packed and hilarious. Now, it's become something similar to Twilight, who will Max pick: Fang or Dylan.

I've read the first sixteen chapters of Nevermore and, again, I'm not impressed or excited; I will be getting it though because it's the last book. I've held out this long, I should finish it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I LOVED the first book. I've read the first book about 7 times. I don't usually like books that are aimed at that younger, sort of 'tween' age group but I loved how surprisingly dark and sinister this one was. I read the first one heaps, and I think I read the second and third as well, (this was years ago though) and that's all I've read.

Maybe I should get back into it at some point. Although you don't really inspire me to after saying it turns into Twilight!

Aren't they making a movie based on these?

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have read the first three or so books, but years ago. I never picked them back up because it took too long for the next book to come out and I lost interest, but the whole max/fang thing was just starting in the last one and now that you have said it turns into twilight, I doubt I will read them.

soph, they've been saying that for years. I was in high school, probably the tenth or eleventh grade, when I remember hearing about a movie.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hahaaaaa. Okay I've been reading up on the film, and it turns out that Catherine Hardwicke was cast as the director. This is the woman who made the abomination that was the first Twilight film. So basically, the film would have been shit. But thankfully she pulled out of the project early this year, which is why it's being delayed even more since they don't have a director now.

I don't even care, delay it all you want, and delay it some more if it means Hardwicke won't be directing.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Max is still Max despite the Twilightly-ness; it's the global warming thing that pisses me off more :lol:

They're a few years old now, see if you can pick them up for a couple of bucks.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ah yes, the global warming thing was only just starting in the books when I stopped reading them, I remember that much. If I ever get a chance I might start from the start again and try read them through. I did enjoy the first few.