• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii MaWiiOh Kart!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok I don't actually hope they call it "MaWiiOh Kart" but I also hope "Mario Kart: Wii" isn't the official name either. Has anybody heard anything about the new Mario Kart coming out for the Wii?

According to IGN it will support up to 16 players online. That is going to be pretty fun!

Take a look at these screenshots!

IGN: Mario Kart Wii Screenshots, Wallpapers and Pics

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Back to MK without the extra person on the back, I see. I can't wait until I can get a Wii, these games are going to be classic.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
my fear is that it is going to suck like double dash. Double dash was slow and not fun way too kiddie. Kids like any cartoony game. It can be cartoony as long as it has a lot of skill taht is needed for it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about Nintendo. Sometimes I think they easily forget that they have a lot of older fans as well.

DoubleDash was not a fun game. It was fun the first time, but playing multiplayer wasn't even worth it. Mario Kart 64 on the other hand was awesome, especially the battle mode. Battle mode in DD actually made me assume that there were more than a few unlockable levels. Not one battle level in that game was better than even the worst in Mario 64. I mean come on, battle on the top of a gamecube? It was a flat level with absolutely NO obstacles. It was actually one of the worst levels made for any videogame ever.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
well that is the thing you can make a game accessible and challenging at the same time. Nintendo is usually pretty good at this but for some reason gamecube was a complete disaster.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well they did a good job of doing that with Mario Kart 64. I don't know why they had to take the challenge out of Mario Kart Doubledash..

I'd like to see more weapons and attacks this next time around. I'd also like to see a fire flower powerup that lets you shoot fireballs at other racers. Then if you hit them they bounce like Mario when he landed on lava in Mario 64. :)

That would make some narrow canyon courses pretty fun.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
That would make some narrow canyon courses pretty fun.
That reminds me of the canyon one near the end of Mario Kart 64, it was so hard and had that giant egg rolling around. I don't think I've ever finished a race there without falling off of the edge.