Mavs Continue Wait On George

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Dallas Morning News - The Devean George wait continued for the Mavericks in their attempt to sign the free-agent forward, according to the Dallas Morning News.

George's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said he continued to talk with the Mavericks and "a bunch" of other teams. He said a decision was probable by week's end.

The Mavericks are believed to be offering George a one-year deal worth about $2 million. President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson confirmed ongoing negotiations with George, but declined further comment.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41737/20060801/mavs_continue_wait_on_george/

2. Shabir

Shabir Guest

hopefully he doesnt sign with them and comes to the Toronto Raptors and joins the Raptors..it'll be muich better for him..he'll get much more playing time and im sure that Raptors would give him more then 2 millions doller for 1 year contract...

3. baltimore

baltimore Guest

Let's hope he chooses wisely i don't care who he palys for.
    All i know is that the Mavs don't really need him he might help them in shooting but they got a bunch of shooters and i think they wouldn't really need him.
    The Raps could use him betetr so yeah. Alot of teams could need him i think he'll follow the money

4. Babe_Ruth

Well it's official guys he signed with the Mavericks, 2 years 4.2 million dollars I believe, it's a great pick up in my mind, he will help them off the bench with instant scoring. Also he's a good rebounder, and plays decent defense, there's another three point threat now in Dallas.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

He's a forward? I thought he was a guard. oh well...

I hope the Mavs won't pick up too many new players. Otherwise it'll be harder to adjust to. They also need to try to get their rookie (forget his name) going too.

6. Hangtime15

Hangtime15 Guest

Now he'll touch the ball more.

7. Babe_Ruth

The Mavericks were a couple of role players short from that ellusive championship. Picking up role players like Austin Croshere and Devean George will only bring them even closer to that Larry Obrian trophy. The only bad thing with Devean George his that he's injured most of the time. I guess will have to wait and see how he makes his impact felt this year on his new club.

8. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

george made an impact on the team but not that big, he was just a good backup who came off the bench for defence and to score some points when he has to..
    he averaged around 6 points and 4 rebounds preety good numbers for him, well we already have odom, luke, and prophet guy who could all play at the 3 spot so I dont think it would be too bad, but I still would like to keep George.

9. Babe_Ruth

Devean George has been injured for the last two years, so he couldn't help the La Lakers alot during that time. But during the championshp years he was a great role player for the team when he was coming off the bench. I am sure that's what the Mavericks would like him to do this season.

10. Shabir

Shabir Guest

yeah..a ouple of years when he wasnt injured..he was good player! but now..hes injured..and doesnt ply..so havinng roblems..but for Mavs hes good