• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Maturity- The Ultimate Topic

D

dias2525

Hey since this is the mature dissicion forum. I was wondering what is maturity exactly? When is it we "grow-up"? I see tons of kids trying to be more mature but what is it to be mature in the end? I'll express my opinion after I hear a few.

Edit: If you want to start a topic like this, give your opinion first, do not simply make a topic and ask for other peoples views.- Piccolo

Hinata

La Coquette
Maturity.. well it depends on how the person acts. Me I am mature in some instances especially when t comes to work and school but outside life I can be as childish as my 9 year old if I want to be. But there is no specific age a person reaches maturity. And a way I think that we can reach it quicker is when we accept that we are all ignorant in some ways and are willing to learn and change ourselves if necessary. Maturity equates wisdom. If you don't use that wisdom you are being ignorant and immature.

Example if you touch a pot of boiling water you get burned. If you matured from the reaction you would be wise enuff to know that it is hot it will hurt don't touch. But if you didn't learn you touch the pot again and you expect a different reaction. Which wont happen.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
No one is ever 100% matured, because that would infer they know all. The general definition of maturity is variable because it's such a lofty subject.

I believe maturity should come with knowledge. Kind of like what Hinata was saying. You learned that the pot was hot and now you know not to touch it. I was considered mature at a young age because I knew and understood more than most kids. When kids in sixth grade would fool around and try to have sex or do drugs, I knew I didn't need to do it just because everyone else was.

More later, g2g for now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In my opinion there's no one who is really mature, everyone is immature and you cannot deny that. I myself am very immature it's unblievable especially if I am with my friends, I act so differently, but I do have fun and that's what counts the most, if your having and your immature then it's fine.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Everyone is mature and immature at times, though I do not believe maturity has anything to do with being very intelligent. You can make poor grades and still have good manners, that is a sign of maturity. However, it does seem to be the more intelligent a person is, the better they grasp the concept of being mature, and thus are more mature then others. This does not mean that they are not immature at times. I am quite mature for my age, and get along with adults years beyond me, who enjoy discussing issues with me, etc. However, I do have immature qualities as well, as with most people. Considering I am, or I can be, very arrogant, and very cocky, which could be considered an immature feature I suppose.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are times that yes you have to be mature like say when your working with other people in the business world, or your meeting new family members or things like that, or lets say your going to a club or something like that then acti mature, because you don't wanna look like an ass or something like that. Like I said earlier there's always time when you need to act mature, and I am sure most people can do it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I didn't necessarily mean "intelligence = mature," I was just typing quick because I had to get something off the stove in the kitchen.

However, I think that with maturity, you gain knowledge. Thus, if you are considered mature, you have some degree of intelligence because you understand things in ways that others don't.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

That is true, I suppose it does work both ways, the more intelligent you gain, the better you can understand and grasp the concept of maturity.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
To me, one important aspect of maturity is acting more "adult-like" There is a line that dividing being childish and being adult-like

For example...

Person A: Whoa! You almost hit my dick!
immature response: hahahaha! you said "dick"
mature response: oh, I'm sorry. (something along those lines)

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
I personally feel that maturity is something everyone reaches when they are ready. Some will reach it before others and age or puberty may not be defining factors. Maturity is a state of mind, it is a state of being more so than a behavior or a card in your wallet that says you are old enough to buy cigarattes or alcohol. In my person belief some people never truely achieve maturity and others are forced in to it too soon. Those are my thoughts anyway.