Mature Discussion: Who Do You Fear/Respect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Merc, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

When it comes to posting in MD, is there anyone you respect or fear? Not fear as in "oh shit oh shit oh shit!" but perhaps respect as a strong debater? Personally, I've always had a strong respect for Kaz and believe or not, I'm usually worried when he shows up because he's intricate but blunt and is a hard shell to crack. Expectantly Ironic is another user who tends to show up and raise the bar.

So GF, if you traverse MD, who do you respect?

2. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Why does there need to be respect for someone who posts their thoughts, not all the time what they have to input can be sought out as respectful to some, others maybe but not all. Likewise on the fear thing, who cares? It's the internet and it's not like there's a single person here that's gonna stalk someone and be a hater on everything they post.

~Shwa

Bananas likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Another two are guys like Tucker and Sui who tend to show up in a ten page thread and either sum it up in two sentences or end it in four.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Shwa likes this.
  4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

There are a few people here that can totally change my opinion on something. I'll go in to a thread completely convinced about what side I'm on, and then even after reading just one really good post from one of these people I'll come out of it with my mind changed. I've never met anyone before who can do that except on this forum, so its those people that I respect most in terms of debaters. I don't debate much myself here but I read a lot from the people that do.

Edit: oh yah, I forgot to say who.

Definately agree with you there, well, most of what you said anyway :laugh:. Another I had in mind was EI, but I havn't read that much from him lately... Wade also. and Tucker, I think his attacking posts are so well written.
    Edit AGAIN: I also like P_C's posting style in debates.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  5. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Believe it or not, I've always had great respect for Cons.

Even though nobody likes him and the fact he's a son of a fuck, he is a bloody good debater when he puts his mind to it. He ruins this though but personally vilifying people and seeing every other response as an attack against him.

Kaz is just an all round good debater, he's straight to the point and cuts the shit.

6. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

No problem Buddy:2thumbup: and last time I check "spam" was a single word, phrase or a short single sentence, don't get it twisted.

I've found Echoes, Tucker and Night's posts to be very informative and clear when they are fixing issues with members or giving their own input on certain topics. They don't choose sides, they're fair and they can really make you think about your next post, but that dosen't mean that every time they post and I want change what I say next. If something's on my mind and I'm going to share, it won't be altered. They're input is insightful, probably because of their age and years of experience with certain debatable topics. But, that does not gain them "respect" because of their choice of words. Sometimes their insight are debatable to the other part.

~Shwa

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  7. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I don't know, certain things, my opinion doesn't really change no matter what is said. I never really post in a debate or mature discussion thread with the intent to change opinions either. I just share my opinion

I gotta admit, as much as an ass that cons can be, I gotta respect his opinion on some things. He does know how to hone his point in, and whether he is wrong or right, he sticks to his guns and doesn't back down. That's both a good and bad quality however. :cons e-head gets bigger:

I enjoy reading Tucker's debate posts, he's got colourful language and diction and usually he knows what he's talking about. He's got the confidence to stick to his opinion.

ExIron, Wade and Stabomatic come to mind. They approach everything from a pretty intelligent point of view. I remember reading ex's and stabs posts in the 'creation and evolution' thread. I had no hot clue WHAT they were talking about =P

8. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Sorry about that. :lol: I know EI from outside of the forum, and we have a tendency of talking over people's heads when we start debating with each other.

Obviously, I'm going to say EI. I know him in real life and he's always good to debate anything with, even when you're on completely opposite sides. Constantine is another good debater. Everyone says he's an asshole, but come on guys, it's the internet. Even while he's calling someone stupid, he's putting forward some really intelligent and thought out viewpoints. Wade is smart and analytical, but that can be a problem sometimes when you are arguing about philosophy with him. He puts a lot of emphasis on facts and empirical data, but that's not a bad thing. For political discussions, I really think Sim is one of our best posters. He's open minded, well spoken, and very informed. It's a shame we don't see him around more.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Tucker springs to mind. When he is passionate about something he'll certainly stand up for it. I admire that.