• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Matthews proves once again he's a douchebag

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Hmm, I wonder why your handlers didn't feed you the rest of the story... or did they?

thinkprogress.org said:
Near the end of the broadcast, Matthews backtracked: “[highlight]Putting a bit of the blame on her, I don’t think that’s fair[/highlight]. I hope I didn’t give the impression that I agreed with that. I certainly don’t. This is his problem. People love people, they marry them despite their faults.”

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Hmm, I wonder why your handlers didn't feed you the rest of the story... or did they?
Hahaha Tuck. Do you think that gets him off the hook? Don't tell me this jerk sends a tingle up your leg :lol:

He kind of reminds me of what happened here with fractal. I find it offensive to suggest that Wiener's wife is in some way responsible for his reprehensible behavior. Don't you agree? Or is it OK to suggest the victim is at fault? I think Wiener ought to knock a few of Matthews teeth down his throat as proof to his wife that his apology is sincere. That would actually earn him back a couple of points in my book.
------
Thinkprogress.org? Wonder where I've heard that name before? I seem to recall a story about how some lady needed to relearn her grade school history lesson about a certain "midnight ride". It turned out that, while she stumbled on her words, she was actually right.

Last edited:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I'm glad Matthews fully thought out what he was saying and corrected himself. I can't hold anything against the guy in light of that.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I'm glad Matthews fully thought out what he was saying and corrected himself. I can't hold anything against the guy in light of that.
Really? What if that woman was your sister or friend? Would you dismiss it? The suggestion of some sort of responsibility because she married the guy? The smear of complicity can be erased by backtracking 15 minutes later? I would think that, at the very least, an apology directly to her would be in order.

@ BB: BTW you do understand that I'm defending an innocent woman (unless you have evidence to the contrary), who has just been subjected to the most public humiliation, AND is a Democrat, right? That's really a no-class move to further humiliate her by suggesting it is somewhat her fault. Talk about kicking someone when they're down.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
What I find funny is those same questions are never posed to members who only criticize Republicans. In other words, those on the Right are supposed to criticize equally but those on the Left are not.

Nevertheless, I think Matthews is an idiot. That being said I do not know the ins and outs of Weiner's marriage and don't know who had fault where, nor do I care really. This is conduct unbecoming of a US Congressman and he should resign.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Even with an apology, CM put the thought out there. There is an agenda and a purpose in that. Plant the seed in the minds of those that want to keep Weiner accountable that maybe he isn't FULLY accountable. You know in the courtrooms, a lawyer will put out something that will be "stricken" from the record. Do you really think it'll be stricken from the minds of the jury?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
SmilinSilhouette said:
Yes, really. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't think it.
------
SmilinSilhouette said:
I would think that, at the very least, an apology directly to her would be in order.
Yeah. I'm sure she'd love that. If anything, everyone should apologize to her for even talking about the matter, because it's not their business.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Great, we'll put you down in the category of thinking it's OK for a nationally syndicated asshole on a major TV network to insinuate that a woman is responsible for her husband's indiscretions, as long as he says "I didn't mean it" later.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Yeah, I think Wiener made it everyone's business when he publicly posted that picture on Twitter.