• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Matt Hardy released by TNA

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My first reaction was "and somehow Jeff has a job" as well...

Both really need to be out of the major two companies until they get their shit together, IMO. Younger stars that have their heads on straight are the ones that deserve pushes and time on TV at all right now.

I really wish them the best, and that they can get and stay healthy, but come on. I'd be happy if Jeff/Matt had roster spots somewhere if they were together mentally and physically and really bringing the best of what they could be (or used to be). For now, nuh uh.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
To be honest when I saw the title but not story my reaction was "well that didn't take long", I haven't seen a lot of TNA wrestling but he just didn't seem to be cutting the mustard. As for the actual reason for him being let go it does seem a bit odd that Jeff is still employed to my knowledge but Matt is let go, the only reasoning I can think of is they wish to set an example out of Matt but who knows at this stage.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Beat me to posting this!

No surprise. Matt made a horrific mistake, and is paying the price. Jeff has a job still because he is honestly trying to fix his life. Matt doesn't give a s***. He never has. The WWE won't take him back. His career is over, I think.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I knew Fatt Hardy would mess up one day. I just want to say 'I told you so.' Won't miss that guy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not really surprised. Both of these guys have demons and need help. I have a feeling that will be the end of his wrestling career in North American. He'll probably end up wrestling in Japan or giving up all together, unless a small independant wrestling company is willing to take him on.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Okay there's been a lot of drama with Matt Hardy lately if you haven't heard. Yes, this is NEW news. Apparently there was an incident at an airport and he was arrested or detained. Apparently it wasn't alcohol but they deemed it drugs. Here are the 3 links...

-- Rajah.com -- WWE News, Rumors, Results & InformationMatt Hardy Reportedly Arrested Again For Another DWI

-- Rajah.com -- WWE News, Rumors, Results & InformationUpdate On Matt Hardy's DWI Arrest: He Was Arrested At The Airport

-- Rajah.com -- WWE News, Rumors, Results & InformationMatt Hardy's DWI Police Report Now Online: Disturbing New Details

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! I heard about the other DWI, but I haven't heard anything about the Airport incident. Didn't he say a couple of weeks ago that he was re-born and new Matt has arrived? Oh wait, he was probably high or drunk when he made that video. The guy needs serious help, he's just a mess right now and he's on the verge of very bad things in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead within a year from now to be honest with you guys. That's the direction is life is going at the moment. Total destruction.

BigBob

Registered Member
Wow! I heard about the other DWI, but I haven't heard anything about the Airport incident. Didn't he say a couple of weeks ago that he was re-born and new Matt has arrived? Oh wait, he was probably high or drunk when he made that video. The guy needs serious help, he's just a mess right now and he's on the verge of very bad things in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead within a year from now to be honest with you guys. That's the direction is life is going at the moment. Total destruction.
And I'm sure people said the same exact thing about Jeff Hardy with all the problems he had in the past and he overcame them all. I do believe Matt is the weaker minded of the two, but with Jeff at his side, it won't happen.