• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Matt Hardy booted from rehab, jailed

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Dude's boned himself now. From rajah.com:

Matt Hardy is back in jail and has been kicked out of court-ordered rehab on Friday.

Hardy, who had just one month left on his court-ordered substance abuse rehabilitation program, failed a breathalyzer test after the staff became suspicious of his behavior and suspected he had been drinking.

Hardy claimed that he was not drinking alcohol and simply used mouthwash, but the staff knew he was lying and made gave him a test - which he failed.
Hardy flew back home to North Carolina last night. As soon as he stepped off the airplane, he was arrested and booked in the Moore County jail for violating a court order. He was booked at at 1:30am EST.

Hardy is facing some serious legal issueshttp://www.rajah.com/base/node/25068# now. Hardy was told that he would be placed in jail under a $1,000,000 bondhttp://www.rajah.com/base/node/25068# if he did not complete rehab. Hardy had about one month left on his 90 day program. He remains in the Moore County Detention Center.
Okay, this is one train wreck I did see coming. No surprise at all, really.

What do you think this will mean for his wrestling career?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I pity the guy, he's just in a sad state. I hope that he can recover and get everything straightened out for his sake, not really concerned about his wrestling career in that aspect. Gotta prioritize.

As far as his future in the business, I still say never say never. I mean the business in and of itself is forgiving, look at the late great Eddie Guerrero. Stories of people being in a rock bottom state (no pun intended) and later being hired again are unfortunately near a dime a dozen status.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This is sad news, for sure, but Matt has been struggling, and it is hard to tell so far if he can recover efficiently.

I used to laugh at him and hate on him, but now I just feel bad.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
It would be far to easy to rip on Hardy for this and it would be far to easy to call him an idiot mainly because he had what? 31 days at the most of re-hab to go and he would have been out. I really think Matt needs help and possibly some time with a trained therapist because as Unity says he needs to forget about the wrestling business and focus on staying alive.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
He's far too self-important for his own good as we've seen over the months and with a record like this, even a bunch of scavengers like TNA wouldn't take a shot at him again. It's sad to see someone who was over with the fans and most likely destined to get some sort of push just throw his career away.

Well Mr. Hardy, you can learn one of two phrases now: "Who dropped this soap?" or "Would you like fries with that?"

Pick one and see you later.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Yeah, it's pretty sad. It appears that the brothers may have had a lack of childhood guidance, and now they don't seem to want to listen to anyone.

I'd really hate to see them end up like Scott Hall or Jake Roberts, or even worse. I hope they can give up chasing the dragon or whatever and get back to doing what they do best, before the opportunity is lost forever.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Hate to say I told you so but I told you so. I too saw this coming a mile away. I also don't see why people feel bad for this guy. He needs help, and some good jail time should make him think twice before he hits the wrong road again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No one would take a chance on this train wreck. He's in a real bad spot right now, and it doesn't seem like he can get back on his feet. I really hope I'm wrong with my assumption, but he's in real bad shape right now. He's not at the Roberts/Hall level right now, but I do believe he's just around the corner. It's a shame actually, where did it all go wrong for the two Hardy's.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully since Jeff turned his life around Matt will figure his life out.

Definitely hate seeing this.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
where did it all go wrong for the two Hardy's.
That's a good question. Where DID it go wrong? Have they always been druggies and/or drunkards who can't co-exist with the current Wellness Policy? Did the demise of the Hardy Boyz tag throw off the close-knit brother's confidence and momentum? I have to wonder.