Matt Garza For Delmon Young Blockbuster Close

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by DirtDog, Nov 28, 2007.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Wow! That rumor really didn't die! La Velle E. Neal III says the Twins are close to a multiplayer deal. They'll send Matt Garza, Jason Bartlett, and Juan Rincon to the Rays for Delmon Young, Brendan Harris, and Jason Pridie. I can't remember any kind of young player blockbuster like this recently.
    It's exciting to see Bill Smith pull the trigger on a deal to get that possible elite slugger. Will he be more hesitant to trade Johan Santana now? Or maybe it doesn't matter since he'd require an elite young hurler like Phil Hughes in return. Beyond Young, you also have to applaud Smith for getting Pridie, who immediately becomes the Twins' center fielder of the future. The 24 year-old came back from injuries this year to rake in Triple A. Just like that, the Twins have an outfield.
    Meanwhile the Rays suddenly have an awesome young trio fronting their rotation in Scott Kazmir, Jamie Shields, and Garza. Rincon's ability is questionable at this point but he could be the setup man the Rays are craving.
    I'll give the advantage to the Twins but I like this deal for both teams.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What are the Devil Rays thinking? Delmon Young has the chance to be one of the best players five years from now. I know that Garza has lots of potential as well, but he hasn't impressed me, I've watched him pitch a couple of times in the Majors, and he hasn't showed any improvement in recent seasons.

If this trade does go down, the Twins will win this trade thats for sure.

3. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

4. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

5. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Great trade for the Twins horrible trade for the Rays. Garza is a good pitcher but yet to prove himself. Young on the other hand is a stud. I have no idea what they were thinking.

6. Rise Up! (Witness™)

Rise Up! (Witness™) Registered Member

Like MJ said, NJ, and Vegito, WHAT WERE THE DEVIL RAYS THINKING? They gave up the only guy on their team who really made some contributions to their ball club.

Matt Garza is a solid pitcher in the big leagues, he still has to develope a little bit more. The Twins got a real good player, in Delmon Young, who was rookie of the year runner up last year.

The Devil Rays aquired some desent talent in Matt Garza and Brendan Harris. I would have to say it was an A- trade for the Twins, and a C for the Devil Rays.