• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Matt Adams injured. Ryan Howard to St Louis?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cardinals 1B Matt Adams out 3-4 months with torn quad. Speculation immediately turns to St. Louis native Ryan Howard, who has Cardinals on his 20-team no-trade list.

Setting aside the fact that Howard could always waive his no-trade clause, what halfway intelligent ballplayer would ever have St. Louis on his "no" list?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not sure of the reason...but I think he'd waive it to come here.

howard coming to STL makes a lot of sense if the Phils wanna pay the majority of the 51 million he's owed

VJ_Sportsgeek

Without a doubt it's hard to believe why Howard has the Cardinals on his no-trade clause. Probably something to do with the city or idk. But in terms of the trade, a trade that sees St Louis acquiring Ryan Howard would be great. Especially considering they also have Mark Reynolds, they can definitely platoon at first base with Howard facing righties and Reynolds facing lefties.