• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Massive Tornado Outbreak Predicted For This Weekend

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The National Weather Service predicts a "significant multi-day severe event" in the South plains on Sunday, moving into the Mississippi Valley on Monday.

Forecasters Are Already Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend
If you live in this area keep a eye out for tornadoes. I hope they are wrong but it is that time of the year.

In past years we have had some pretty significant tornadoes in our area and I hope there isn't a repeat of that. One spring it was one tornado after another with some really big hail. One tornado took out a significant amount of trees, along with some homes, on the National Forest and still looks strange to drive through that area.

Have you ever been in a tornado?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That really sucks cuz we are in the worst part of that prediction!
We saw the Newcastle/Moore tornado on the ground last spring and the tornado sirens were going off all day. We were in the path of another tornado too but it missed us. But what was really scary was the hail storm. It was uber loud and it never slowed down for almost 5 minutes. I hate tornadoes!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know that hail will make you cringe it can be so loud. It seems to last forever. The little stuff isn't bad but when its the size of golf balls you count every second until it stops.

Taliesin

Registered Member
God, that must be horrifying. I can't imagine living in a part of the world where stuff like that happens. Tornadoes are a true force of nature, and they're not something I would ever want to experience first hand.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I know that hail will make you cringe it can be so loud. It seems to last forever. The little stuff isn't bad but when its the size of golf balls you count every second until it stops.
Yeah the pea sized hails okay and we already had that last week. Even the heavy pea sized hail doesnt do very much damage but what I really hate is the golf ball hail. Its like constant thunder and I cant even hear my stereo when it happens.
Btw thanks for the heads up about the tornado watch. :) We were gonna plant peppers this weekend but not now. Im gonna wait till this blows over.

God, that must be horrifying. I can't imagine living in a part of the world where stuff like that happens. Tornadoes are a true force of nature, and they're not something I would ever want to experience first hand.
Just creepy and annoying. Ive never lived where there wasnt tornadoes so I dont even think about it unless we have an epic storm or the sirens go off. Then I stay ready to get to the basement if we see or hear one thats too close. One time we got chased by a tornado in the car. We stopped at a convenience store and the door was open but nobody was there. But the huge glass windows were moving and making a weird noise so we left. When we drove back home we couldnt use the same roads cuz there were power lines and trees everywhere so we had to find detours. And that store isnt there now so it probably got hit by the tornado.

Anyway I always see tornadoes dropping out of clouds every spring so Im gonna try to shoot pictures of some this year. But its always raining too so it wont be easy. If I do get some pictures of one I will post them. :D

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had to stop once in the middle of a busy highway to let a small tornado pass by. That was weird, everyone stopped, it crossed the highway with debris flying around in it, then everyone went on their way.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well they have us in severe thunderstorms until sometime tomorrow. I hope we don't get any of these tornadoes. Its really getting windy out so I at the radar and it looks like its going to hit us soon.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
At least 17 people have died after a powerful storm system spawning several tornadoes tore through the central and southern states last night with experts warning that another hundred are set to hit the central states this week at the start of tornado season.
Winds ripped houses off their foundations and flipped cars on top of the rubble in the small town of Vilonia in central Arkansas' Faulkner county, one of the worst-hit communities.

Early this morning Arkansas Department of Emergency Management announced the death toll stating the deadly weather had killed seven people in Faulkner County, five people in Pulaski County and one person in White County.

Tornadoes cause devastation in central states Kansas, Arkansas and Missouri | Mail Online
17 people have died in this so far, from the looks of the pictures the destruction from this was horrible and more tornadoes are expected.

I'm glad this didn't hit here, this morning I was woke up by hail but all we received was a lot of rain.

Taliesin

Registered Member
God. That's awful! I hope more lives aren't lost. Mother Nature sure likes to make her presence known. :-/

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We got really lucky in Missouri this weekend. Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas got devastated beyond belief.

Prayers to all those affected.