• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Massive mayfly swarm, lit up weather radar

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This year's mass emergence of mayflies in the Mississippi Valley was one for the record books.
The annual swarm rose above La Crosse, Wisconsin from the river on Sunday evening in a dark cloud so dense it caused a three-car roadway collision, blacked out the sun and even lit up area weather radar.

Massive mayfly swarm that emerged along Mississippi was so huge it lit up weather radar, caused traffic collisions and blacked out the sun | Mail Online
This is crazy, I've never seen so many flies. The radar picture looks like its raining but its just these flies.

I would hate to have to walk around in that. You would have them in your mouth or in your nose and eyes, it would be horrible. Driving would be a nightmare, you wouldn't be able to see for them.

Thoughts?