• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Konshentz

Konshentz

Instead of posting a thread for the entire EA conference, I'll just start one for the best game shown at it. Or, the most exciting, since we didn't actually get to see any of the game.

I really enjoyed the first 3 and have high hopes for this. I like that it's in a new galaxy with a chance to start the next great trilogy.

Who's excited for this? What did you think of the reveal?

Only a little less than a year & a half away. Haha.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The title of this confuses me. It's not Mass Effect 4, so does that mean it's sort of just like an extension of the other games, like what the Assassin's Creed series does, or is it a whole new game?

Konshentz

Konshentz
They didn't want to call it ME4 because it has nothing to do with the first three games. That was Commander Shepard's trilogy, and this will be a new one, in a new galaxy.

At least that's what I read a while ago.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm really looking forward to this game. I don't have more than a few on my radar for the first half of 2017, and this is at the top of the list. It makes me feel guilty that I haven't finished the newest Dragon Age game yet. I love those damn games and somehow I got sidetracked. Anyway, even though fantasy is always my favorite game genre, Mass Effect seems to have something special every time. This game should be phenomenal, and graphically looks fantastic.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Bumping this thread because @Konshentz and I have been playing and talking about this game a lot. I'm really enjoying it, facial animation concerns aside. Still a fun game, great story, and so far the cast seems pretty damn cool. I like the exploration vibe of this, being out in unknown space.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This game is a beautiful disaster. The facial animation is embarrassing and the list of bugs/glitches I've ran into is pages long. And yet, I just crossed the 30 hour mark and have no intentions of stopping. I really enjoy the story and characters. I am having waaaaay more fun with this than I did with Horizon. I'm gonna cut this post short and go back to playing.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Beat it tonight. At almost exactly 50 hours. This game deserves both a 0 AND a 10 out of 10. It really should've been pushed back 6 months. I think it needed that extra polish. I really hope this shaky rollout doesn't cost us a sequel.

Peebee>>>>>Piper.